Trolling Motors.

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by MRR, Feb 19, 2009.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    What is the best way to mount a foot controlled trolling motor on this boat?
    Really need some suggestions on how to do it so it won't be in the way.
    I sort of converted this boat into cat boat.

Attached Files:

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Make sure it touches the water good. I put one on the front of mine and it just barely gets in the water. Makes all kinds of splashing when I use it...

It is coming off this spring along with that 9.9 trolling/kicker motor.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I dont have a clue John wish I could help you..:confused2:

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    With the rails on there it does create a problem. Sirely some one here has done it. Good luck.

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    that's a good question. if you don't care about cutting the railing you can just mount it on top(watch length though, like mentioned). if you want to save the railing, you would need a bracket on the edge hanging over the front on the side, i suppose. with the bracket you could make it any height you needed.

6. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    2 things come to mind. transom mount. ..or... cutting or removing the railing in front. can't really see what you could mount to inj the front, might need a mounting base also.

7. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    First go buy a lot of fiberglass then do an add on on front deck..:eek:oooh:
    hmmm alright I admit it :confused2:
    I have no idea!

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'll take a stab at it. You have a bow rider with rails. One of the rails will have to be partially removed or cut, to make room for mounting. Right or left mounting is your choice. Purchase a trolling motor with a foot control pedal and a long enough shaft to easily reach below the water and blades. (Long Shaft) Take the trolling motor and lay it on the bow and mark the position of the mounting holes. Remove and drill holes. Place trolling motor back in position and bolt down with the hardware mounting kit. It may be necessary to provide some extra (large) washers below the bow to safely secure. Now you will have to mount a chair in the bow to easily operate the trolling motor. I hope this helps. Of course you will run wiring to the T/M battery.

9. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Then you get a pipe bender and fix the handrail so it's all nice again.