trolling motor

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rabbitklr, Sep 12, 2008.

1. rabbitklr

rabbitklr New Member

State:
    texas
    bought a new mini kota 40 lb thrust motor in may! used it one month an it messed up! so i got it repaird. at a authorized dealer. used it three more times an it messed up again. can any body tell me a good trollin motor to get. i have a 14 ft eldorado boat that me an my two boys use at twin buttes. dont have a gas motor. any advice will be a lot of help.

2. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    I've always used Minn Kota trolling motors on my boats and have never had any problems other than replacing a switch on a foot control that corroded after about 8 years of hard use. It should still be under warranty. I would return it where you purchased it and either get a refund or a new one. Was the one you purchased a refurb by chance?

3. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    We have always had Minnkotas, and NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS!!! I would do as already suggested and return it to where you bought it and swap it out for a new one!! I guess you could have gotten a lemon, so just swap it out, is what I would do!

Good luck and let us know what happens!!:wink:
    Andy

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Motorguide is also a good trolling motor.

5. rabbitklr

rabbitklr New Member

State:
    texas
    took it back to academy to get a different one. an they wouldnt take it back. said id have to send it to mini kota. so i guess ill take it back to the repair guy an see what he says. an thanks for all the replies guys.

6. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Welcome to the BOC. Sorry about the trolling motor. Do you catch many fish at Twin Buttes? I used to live in San Angelo. When I did,the lake was almost dry.

7. rabbitklr

rabbitklr New Member

State:
    texas
    weve caught several channels an blues largest was around 8 pounds. lost a couple of poles out there too. dont know what was on em. kids like to troll wit rattle traps catch bass an white bass an gar! set jugs only once someone thru em all on the bank. so dont do that no more.. once again guys thanks.