Trolling motor

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by SCcatfishing, Oct 12, 2009.

1. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    I'm trying to decide on a trolling motor... I was thinking about getting a transom mount or a bow mount... Transom mount had been working just fine for me and it's a lot cheaper...

This is the bow mount that I'm thinking to get, I would like some input from yall....http://www.cabelas.com/p-0044151018753a.shtml
    it's the Minn Kota PowerDrive™ 55PD V2 Motors for $529.99

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    The powerdrive is the way to go.JMO but if you do much drifting I would go ahead and order a Co-Pilot with it,it makes a heck of a difference,especially if you are by yourself

3. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    SCCatfishing,

Check your mail, I just sent you a PM.

4. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Here is the one I have.
    As I said it a PowerDrice with the foot control and the belt clip on control.
    55PD is the model. Its a 2006 or 2007. Less than 2 hours. AS you can tell from the prop pic, it has the orginal prop and NO scraps dents etc.

Attached Files:

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I have the Minn Kota, salt water version, 24 volt/65 lbs. thrust with remote control and co-pilot, and it works great, although I don't use it a lot. I've had it since '03 and so far no problems with it.

6. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC

I bought this setup today from catmandosimpsonville very nice trolling motor...

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Youll be happy with that selection. To me a transom mount drifting in the wind is like pushing a wet noodle. If something isnt right, or you want to change motor/shaft size or add a feature theres a place in Kannapolis NC that can do it with that motor. Fishermans Friend is the name