Trolling motor transducer question...

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by LureheadEd, Sep 22, 2008.

1. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    Hey guys, I need some ideas... I'm rigging a jon boat up, using my old Humminbird 3D Vision set up... Standard transducer on the back and a Side View for the trolling motor with the switch to change from one to the other... Problem is with the trolling motor trans... The MinnKota PD 55 has a shaft and sleeve set up so there's no way to attach the transducer cable to the shaft where ever it slides through the sleeve... Seems to be a lot of cable just hanging in the water then... How does everybody else do this ? The old trolling motor had a scissor jack set up, I was able to get most of the looseness (that can't be a real word!) out... If the cable has to hang freely, so be it, I see no other way...Any ideas sure would help...

2. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    Does anybody have a trolling motor mounted transducer on a Minn Kota PD 55 ? I sure need to ask a couple of questions....

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Most i ever had or seen were mounted with a SS band clamp and the cable zippie tied to the shaft.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I hagve cable ties at the top and bottom of the shaft. Also put the split plastic wire protectors on the transducer cable.

5. v2f33

v2f33 New Member

State:
    PA
    thank's for tip