trolling motor transducer interference

Discussion in 'Boating' started by great pappy cat, Oct 10, 2009.

1. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Im in the maret for a new/used trolling motor. Is the universal sonar (built in ducer) necessary? I already have a transome transducer for my lowrance I want to use on the bow. Does any one use an external bracket for a transome transducer on a bow mounted troller?Do you get any interference on youre graph? Thanks in advance

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have always used external mount transducers on my trolling motors with out interference. If you are moving a transducer from the rear of the boat to a trolling motor, all you need to buy is a transducer bracket for the trolling motor. I can't speak for the internal transducers. Never owned one. The only time I have ever had an interference problem is when I ran the transducer cord to close to a power cord.

3. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I just took my transom mount bracket and hooked two radiator clamps together and went around the trolling motor. Worked just fine. No interference that I know of, but be careful with it in shallow water. Try to maintain the "break away" aspect of the bracket if you possibly can.

4. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Thanks for the input guys. I have a 2 year old 80# minnkota riptide st on the way. $675 Shiped with extra copilot and prop.:big_smile: