Trolling motor question for 2072 Sea Ark

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by skydiver41, Jul 26, 2007.

1. skydiver41

skydiver41 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm picking out accessories for this boat I'm getting ready to order. Since it's my first boat, I have no experience to draw upon, so I will depend on the BOC for it's vast knowledge and advice. The boat will be a Sea Ark 2072 VPLD with a 15 degree hull and a 115. How much thrust in a trolling motor do I need for river fishing? I plan on a 24 volt model and see 54, 70, 80 and 101(36 volts) models. Thanks in advance.

2. last chance

last chance New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have a 80# MK Variable speed on my 2072 seaark and it does a fine job. I believe in having a little more than you would normally need for just in case. Congrats on the new boat it will serve you well for many years, enjoy and be safe.

3. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    Olathe,Ks/Fish Gravois Mi
    I have the exact boat and the 80# would be fine, I would suggest that you get a motor with controls that can be operated anywhere in the boat. My trolling motor can only be operated from the front deck and this is a pain sometimes. You will truly enjoy the boat.

4. skydiver41

skydiver41 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What size outboards are you guys running and are you happy with their level of performance? I'm hoping this boat will hit the low to mid 40's with a 115 Optimax.

5. last chance

last chance New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I've got a 115 Suzuki 4-stroke and get about 37mph on the gps. My boat may be a little heaver at 1200lbs. it's a bay fisher tunnel hull, 30 gal. fuel tank up front and loaded out pretty heavy. I bought the boat 2nd hand and have had bedlinner materal sprayed everywhere but on the very bottom. The man I got the boat from said 37 was what it was doing when he had it too. Your boat should beat that by a good bit I would think.

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I have a 2072 war_eagel the hull weigh on it is 1150 lbs. And the 65 lb thrust trolling motor works good. But will go with 80 lb next time around.
    Also Think your boat should be about right on the speed.
    Good luck and enjoy the boat.
    Pete

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    for trolling motor, I would suggest at least the 80#. Remember, if you are out and your main motor kicks the bucket for some reason, your trolling motor may be what gets you back to shore.

8. skydiver41

skydiver41 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Last Chance...which prop/pitch are you running on that Suzuki 115 4-stroke?

9. last chance

last chance New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    It's a power tech13'' with 19 pitch

10. last chance

last chance New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    it's a power tech 13'' with 19P 4 blades