trolling motor props 2 - 3 - 4 blade diffrences?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by roadkill636, Jan 18, 2010.

1. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    just wondering if anyone has tried a 2 3 and a 4 blade prop on the SAME trolling motor on the same boat for comparasment?
    what is the advanage - disadvanage of a 2 blade over a 3 or 4 blade,

2. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    The first thing I did when I got my boat was spin the prop off the trolling motor.
    Since I didn't know the first thing about boats, I figured my best bet was to do some serious research about props. After about two weeks of research, it all boiled down to the fact that the 3 blade stock props were the best over-all all around way to go. The two blades and four blades were faster or cut more trash, but whatever the advantage they provided was off set by creating extra noise levels quite a bit above the the average three blades. Those were my personal conclusions and I went for the stock three blade replacement. Haven't had any problems or complaints.

3. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    Reason why I ask, is that I just got a motorguide and I see that they offer 2-3 and 4 blade props for it, and just wondering if one style is prefered for certain setup or water conditions over a nother,,
    lil bugers are arround $35 - $40 new

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I know my riptide 80lb thrust [i think came] with a 2 blade prop on it

5. niteangler

niteangler New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I don't know for sure but from my experiences I think the three blade has more torqe. They seem to work better on a heavier boat, I have a two blade currently on my lighter alum boat and I think its faster, this is just my opinion though. I have no experience with a 4 blade.