Trolling motor help

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by Ryan11r, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Ryan11r

Ryan11r New Member

State:
    Newton Kansas
    I have a old Minn Koata 52. that is bow mounted. It has the foot steering wich i really havent got used too. Those cables are falling apart and the steering is starting too not work too well at all. Is there any reason That i couldnt unhook the cables and chain and fab up a tiller type steering and leave the foot control in for the speed and on and off?. I dont really troll that much. I have the minnkota more as a back up for getting back too shore just incase. I knopw that new cables can be bought but i really dont like the foot steer and I cheap with plenty of fab skills. Any input on this would be great!

2. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    I am intrested in that kind of info too! I have the old 28# Motorguide that came off of my 85 BassTracker, and was wondering the same thing!! It is pretty small, but should push a small John pretty good! My foot control is SUPER HARD to MOVE, so I was thinking to scrap that part and wire in a speed control and fab a handle, and TADA!! :eek:oooh: Who knows???? Hopefully will come up with some info for you, and I will try it too!

Thanks,
    Andy:wink:

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    maybe a tiller handle ?

4. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    Fix it and trade it or trade it or just give it to poor underpriveleged catfishermen.

5. chris dornbusch

chris dornbusch New Member

State:
    iowa
    I think orion was talking about ME:smile2: