Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a old Minn Koata 52. that is bow mounted. It has the foot steering wich i really havent got used too. Those cables are falling apart and the steering is starting too not work too well at all. Is there any reason That i couldnt unhook the cables and chain and fab up a tiller type steering and leave the foot control in for the speed and on and off?. I dont really troll that much. I have the minnkota more as a back up for getting back too shore just incase. I knopw that new cables can be bought but i really dont like the foot steer and I cheap with plenty of fab skills. Any input on this would be great!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am intrested in that kind of info too! I have the old 28# Motorguide that came off of my 85 BassTracker, and was wondering the same thing!! It is pretty small, but should push a small John pretty good! My foot control is SUPER HARD to MOVE, so I was thinking to scrap that part and wire in a speed control and fab a handle, and TADA!! :eek:oooh: Who knows???? Hopefully will come up with some info for you, and I will try it too!

Thanks,
Andy:wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.