"Trolling Lures For Stripers"?

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by shania, Nov 10, 2008.

1. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Gang,

Got a question for you guys:

I have caugh my fair share of Stripers from the shore, but I plan on doing a little Trolling for them in the Ca. Delta soon, and I would to know from the members here that have troll for them:

"What is your favoite lures & colors for doing so"?

:0a23:

Thanks,
    Bert:cool2: (Shania:0010:)

2. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello Bert, I haven't got to troll for striper for many moons but we would use the larger rattle/shad and rapalas. The rattling shad seemed to go a little deeper so in the boils[if you find them] the larger striper would hit the lure instead of the little ones on the surface. Good Luck!

3. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    The Rapalas are a favorite of mine too.

4. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    i mainly livebait fish for them but i hear alot of people talk about cisco kids and umbrella rigs(ive fished with a guide and pulled u-rigs, caught a 5# and 4# at the same time:smile2: also watched some guys on tv of the coast of virginia pulling them and where catching 20-30# fish 2 at a time:eek:oooh:)

5. CAPTIN BILL

CAPTIN BILL New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i have always cought mine in the lakes with live minnows , big goldfish work really well; i have also cought them on a old silver cigar shaped spinner bait that my dad used for years;; it has a spinner on both ends and i put 1/4 th ounce bullet weight about 8 inches in fromt of it and cast it through a school or trool about 7 m.p.h. and let lots of line out;; have cought several in the 38 to 40 lb range this way.......

6. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    Hyper Striper Umbrellas in white/chartreuse with a white tail, dip the trailing jig's tail in red worm dye...Killer for numbers on Lake Lanier...If that does'nt work, switch colors to white/blue /white or all white...Even single HS jigs trolled deep enough work great...

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Wow, I've heard they like a fast retrieve, but 7 mph? Not doubting you, just surprised.

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Here they will jump all over Lucky Craft Stacies in "tenn. shad color". Only draw back is they cost around $14 each. Lots of guys in this area troll big white gigs for them too. I'm not a striper fisherman per sey but have caught several while bass fishin with the stacies or pointers. My favorite way is a zara spook when their on top. Red fins are another bait that does well in my area and they are about 1/3 the cost of lucky craft baits.

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Lots of dollar bills.........:0a19:
    You can troll at 65 mph if you have enough of them out......:smile2:

10. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I have used Norman crankbaits to troll before. We used the DD22 deep divers. They dive around 11-20 ft. Or the shallow running Normans. We used the Texas shad color and the black and chrome.

11. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Bert... here are some colors of Delta trolling lures.... some with the worms and even "hootchies" attached for more attraction.

See Ya soon... at the Deltalover revivia....Bayrunner Ray

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Storm soft bait shad lures colors what they are in the mood for that day

13. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    These yours? I have all of them and I dress mine similiar excellent to know I have the right equipment! Cant wait to troll with you brothers!