Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to wrap my brain around this one....I have a 12v or 24v older trolling motor on my bow with 2 batteries in the front running it,I just have a jumper cable going from pos to neg on the 2 batteries and then I hook up my trolling motor on the other pos and neg....is this still a 12v? Can I wire it up differently for more power?

2nd question, I have my bait tank up front running off the same batteries on a 12v pump will it be ok?

Appreciate the tips

Bill

· Registered
452 Posts
You are sending 24v to the trolling motor. This will give you the most power for your motor. I would gues that you are taking the positive and negative for your pump to just one battery. Doing that will give you 12v to the pump. I wouldn't send 24v to the pump if it is not a 24v pump. I think I would get a third battery for the pump if you have the room. Wire it directly to the third battery.

· Registered
551 Posts
only hook the charger up to ONE battery at a time to charge 12 v to it, NOT the positive on one battery and the negative on the other batterie! that would be 24v back into your charger and POOF!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.