Tripod holders

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by Semper_Fi, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Semper_Fi

Semper_Fi New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I've been using some tripod holders from Cabela's this year and found them to be good value on the river for bank fishing. They are under $20 and you can set them up on rocks, mud and just about any angle you want. The rods come out easy and they fold down small when you're done. One of them is visable in my avitar.

Ernie

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

[​IMG]I hope this works. I think I have a bigger pic of the rod holder

3. CatHound

CatHound New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Are those tripod rod holders pretty stable ?

How do they react when a fish takes your bait and you don't get to the rod real quick ? I'm refering to a hook up one the rod that is on the tripod when you are already fighting another fish on a second rod.

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Is that a real life scenario...? :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~
    We can't always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future. (Franklin D. Roosevelt)

5. CatHound

CatHound New Member

State:
    Missouri
    LOL ! Yes it has been. But, unfortunately not quite often enough as I would prefer. Call it planning on wishfull thinking being a case in the future.

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Them tripod holders work great with larger fish with just a little modifications I think,Like a Log chain rapped around your reel and attached to your Truck bumper.LOL.
    J.D.:big_smile_2:

7. Semper_Fi

Semper_Fi New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I use ABU baitcasters with the free wheeling clickers, so they never get a chance to pull the holders very hard. That being said, you can tilt the rod holder up at a pretty good angle and position the adjustable legs for even more leverage. Now one of them big boys might cause a problem if you have your drag set and no bait clicker , but that'll happen with any kind of holder on a river bank, I suppose.

Ernie

8. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    get about 3 feet of small rope and tie it to one of those spiral dog stakes and then tie it to somewhere on the rod holder to where it wont slipoff and you should be good. i do that to my poles when im fishing on rock or somewhere i cant put a rod holder in the ground except i tie the rope to a rock or a tree not the stake.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    JD if we plan on catching some of these big cats that our BOC brothers are catching we might need a bigger truck to tie that chain to. Can you drive a Peterbilt to where you fish?:tounge_out:

10. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I've had it happen a bunch of times.