Triple Fish Bully Braid

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by CatBusster, Jan 24, 2006.

1. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    I have tried in vein to obtain this American Dyneema braid, is the company still up and running?

I'm interested in using it this year on the river, any info would be greatfuly received.

Stephen

:confused:

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Stephen TF might be available from Cabelas,but I would recommend you look for the new ANDE braid coming out this year.It will be a quality line and more readily available on an international basis.The new Stren braid is very good also.Is there some reason you favor Triple fish?

3. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing

Jim - someone recommended the Bully Braid, The Ebro is full of snags in parts and it was suggested to have good abrasion properties. I currently use Kite Line but this is expensive, I need the braid to retain its cylindricity and not bed flat and jam the reel under tension.

I sent triple fish an email but no reply, Thanks for the link nis, I sent customer service an email over a week ago but no reply.

If any of you have any suggestions on suitable braid for the Ebro please let me know ASAP I have a 2 week deadline for delivery to the UK as I go back to Spain Wels fishing.

4. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Catbusster, what test and how much were you looking for? I have an unopened 150 yard spool of 50 lb test Triple Fish Bully Braid. I was gonna try it out on one of my reels this spring, but I was thinking, it would probably enjoy itself much more on a Wels catfish outing. If you want it, it's your's. Should be able to get it to the U.K. in 2 weeks if it's mailed tomorrow?
    Rat

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    OK if the roundness part is important then the new Stren Braid is excellent as is the line I use which is FINS IGFA rated braid.FINS also makes a braid called Deep Drop that is very abasion resistant and I use it for leaders.FINS is available from Cabelas but only from their Salt Water catalog or on line.Most of the newer braids like Power Pro,FINS,STREN etc have solved the roundness problem.What lb test do you use for the Wels?I have 1000mtrs of FINS 80lb in green which I will be happy to send you.I only got it because Cabelas was out of white which is what I prefer.Send me an address to send it to if you are interested and recommend the best way to send it ie UPS etc.

6. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    Many thanks for your offers rat and jim, in return i can send you some pellet, hooks and tie you a few rigs that we use on the ebro, my address is:

Carp and Cat Bussters
    15 Hibiscus Grove
    Bordon
    Hampshire
    GU15 OXA
    United Kingdom

I will phone triple fish at somepoint this evening, if they are open as I need enough to fill 12 multiplyers

7. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    bully braid is by far the best braid i have used. i just wish it came in yellow. i have switched to some stuff called tuff line for that very reason. i like to see my line. its almost bully braids equal but i think the bullybraid is more abrasion resistent.

8. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    On reading the Bully write up, im gonna need to rely on my braids knot strength this year, still had no reply from the addresses ive emailed, and could not get through on the phone, when would be a good time to phone them allowing for uk time difference? I will call again tomorrow

9. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Catbusster, it's in the mail. If nothing else it'll give you an idea of the qualities of the line so you can decide if you like it or not. If you would, let me know when you get it so I know it made the trip.
    Rat

10. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    Sure will Rat and many thanks, dont forget to send me your address and i will send you something in return

11. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Catbusster, you are more than welcome, and don't worry about it. Just post a picture of anything you catch on it and we'll call it even. Hopefully it'll be about 203 lbs.
    Rat

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    OK I've got the address and will get it out to you ASAP.Give it a try and if you don't like it send it back and I'll use it for leaders or something.Don't worry about payback, like Rat said post some pictures of the results.

13. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    cheer's jim, Thanks Rat, Got the spool in the post today, still no reply from triple fish, I have left my contact numbers and sent emails to both addresses on the internet site!!!, I may just have to go for 80lb dacron if I cant get the triple fish in time.

14. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    The FINS went out yesterday by air so you should have it this week hopefully.Should be enough to spool several reels.Remember to put black electrical tape on the spool before you put the braid on.You might look at filling the spools halfway with mono then adding the braid.The best knot for joining the two lines is the UNI in my opinion.If you like the FINS it is available in the Cabelas Saltwater catalog.:)

15. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    Cheer Jim, do you think they will be able to deliver to the uk within a week?