Trip to the emergency room

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    The little feller I posted yesterday on here, had a minor accident this afternoon. I was out buying cigarettes and going to Mickey D's when his Mom called me. She was panicking on the way. She couldn't get my Son on the phone, as he was golfing. (I told y'all he was a golfer and not a fisherman) Anyway, she couldn't find anyone to calm her down and go with her, so she called me. Luckily I was in the immediate area of the hospital and told her I would meet her there. She kept saying he had dropped a computer on his toe, and she didn't know if the bone was sticking thru or what. Like I said, she was frantic.(Actually he turned a CPU over on his toe.) Blood going everywhere. I told her to calm down, breathe and drive safely to the hospital.

When I got there, they were waiting for the nurse. He wasn't crying, as it must have went numb by this time. When the nurse tried to take his temp. he went ballistic. BHH. Once we got back to the room, he kept saying "ice". I had tried to get him to have a drink several times of my ice water, as in her frenzy, his Mom left his sippy in the car. Turns out he eats ice. Scared me to think of him getting strangled on it but she said he ate it all the time. I gave him about a dozen pcs. and he was the happiest little boy in the world. They came to X ray his toe, and I went for a smoke. When I got back, he had a band-aid and was pointing at his toe, saying, "boo, boo" . Aren't Gods' Angels, precious? Nothing was broken, just gonna lose his toenail, in a few days.

I went to Kmart and bought him a mini musical player that he can wear on his wrist and gave it to him when we got to my house. He was all smiles.

Oh yeah, last night we all went to Perkins. He had what appeared to be 3 straight line scratches on the end of his nose. I asked his Mom and she said he got my blow dryer before I could stop him and he stuck it to his nose. Lord, child, you gonna have to get quicker with them reflexes. I keep telling her. He is getting a lot more active than she is used to and is going to keep getting quicker. He is an intelligent little boy and picks up every new word he hears, too.

Sorry to ramble on so much. Take care. :smile2:

2. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    Glad to hear hes ok

3. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Cheryl, your not ramblin. He sounds like a very special guy, who is very lucky to have you in his life!! Hope it all turns out OK. Im sure he'll be up and runnin in no time at all:big_smile:

4. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Glad he's alright, sounds like he's a handfull.:smile2:

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    BHH, I am going to be careful what I post about him, as we both now have hurt toes. :embarassed: Anyway, thanks for the responses! Hope to catch up with him more tomorrow, as that was all the time we spent together today. BTW, his name is Korbin.

6. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I'm glad everything turn out alright Cheryl. :smile2:

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Glad the little guy is ok Cheryl!

Now that he is ok, I will ask you this.
    Is this the same guy that you said tried to cut off your toes with a ice scraper yesterday?, LOL!!!

HHMM Wonder what happened there!!!

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey Cheryl, glad the little man is OK! I've been there with my kids many times, LOL

Good luck to him and I hope he heals up fast.

9. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    That sounds like my little turds..... I mean kids they are great, wouldn't trade em for anything. My oldest 2 1/2 has gotten in to the lying phase! I think he picked it up at daycare, I like having him go ( only once a week ) but he picks up some bad habits, like biting he kept biting his mom, so she bit him back ( lightly on the hand ) and he hasn't bit anyone since. Sometimes ya gotta teach 'em the hard way!

Aaron

TA2D

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Hey now fellows, I wasn't anywhere within 10 miles of him when he pulled the CPU over on his toe. His Mom said he kicked his foot straight back, blood started pouring and he commenced to crying. Which in turn, put her in a frenzy......She is a young Mom, as I was, and even though she has deep, dark auburn hair, she has a blonde brain at the moment. Sorry about that to all the true blondes out there. I talking the bottle kind, the blonde joke kind....LOL, no offense meant.

Her Mom is a red head and hers' seems to be taking a cast of red, too.
    Oops, guess my Son had better watch out....

Take care.

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Uh Huh, sure you weren't, LOL!!!

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like he is OK, glad to hear that. Kids will be kids, we can only try our best to help them protect themselves. Madison is Miss. Evil Kenival these days. She is jumping from Point A to Point B over whatever she can now. Jeez, I need to buy stock in Bandaids. LMAO

13. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Glad he OK! Cheryl that eye for an eye tooth for a tooth toe for a toe don't apply to kids. lol