Trip to the coast

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by flatheadhunterx, Oct 28, 2007.

1. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Went to murrells inlet at myrtle beach last weekend and hooked alot of things I couldnt do anything with but got a few things in. had a 5 to 6 ft shark up to the surface of the peir but was alone that night and couldnt hold the rod and take a pic at the same time. Caught the largest red fish I have caught to date. but the bad thing is had one break off that was 10 to 15 lbs larger than the one I got in. wouldnt have bothered me so bad but I saw the fish when he busted the surface and was gone.

Attached Files:

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That sounds great Ronald. Which pier were you fishing from the garden city pier? That was a good looking red fish. Hate you lost the biggun though.

3. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    James I was on the state park pier, my sister inlaw camps there all summer and I get a pass from her so I can fish all night.

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Thats a nice Red, I bet he put up a good fight.

What kind of shark do you think you had?

5. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    Yeah he fought pretty good had a hard time getting him to the end of the pier to get a picture. I saw the shark plain as day he was floating on his side but I dont know what kind he was. got some pics of some others I caught this summer will put on here to see if you can tell me since you lived down that way for awhile.