trip to santee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jayjay101, Feb 24, 2008.

1. jayjay101

jayjay101 New Member

State:
    narth carolina
    have trip to santee easter weekend how is the water level? where would be good place to fish . is there a place i could lunch a 20 foot pontoon . need any info . thanks

2. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    the water level is coming up with the rains we have had but is still low so be careful. no problems putting a 20 ft pontoon in at Canal Lakes. good luck and keep us posted.

3. hammertime

hammertime New Member

State:
    Ga.
    Going this weekend let you know when i get back. Lake should be looking better.

4. Cat Master 1

Cat Master 1 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I"m going to be there the 20,21,22,23 at Hill"s Landing they tell me no problem putting big boats in their landing. I have a 22ft. Seaarke and my buddy got a 28ft. pontoon. He"s also going to be there along with about 24 more of us. Come give me a hollow while you are there maybe we can help out each other on where the fish are biting.

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good Luck !!!!!!!!!:cool2:

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    The water level yesterday was 69.3 which is up 2.1ft from its lowest level.Recent rains are helping but we need to get it to about 73.5 or better and Ideally to 75 prior to summer or we will be in worse condition by sept than we were last year.:eek:oooh:

7. jayjay101

jayjay101 New Member

State:
    narth carolina
    thank for info guys try to look some of you up when i come down . need all the help i can get . remember c.p.r.

8. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    Anybody know if there is a place to launch a boat on the upper end of lake marion?? We're going down there the first weekend in April and I'd like to fish the shallow water above the I-95 bridge if at all possible..

I'm praying low water levels won't be an issue by then

9. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Gonna go try em again friday above I95. Taking pontoon boat this time instead of Tracker. I think I could have launced it last week at lower state park ramp but used smaller boat instead.

10. jayjay101

jayjay101 New Member

State:
    narth carolina
    where can i get bait . what do you use this time of year. can bait be cough in the lakes. thanks. load the boat . put the big boy back .

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    It depends on where you are staying on buying bait but if you stay near the canal Neds should have plenty of live bait. It will also be a good time to catch some white perch and bream to use as cut bait. I think more than anything we just need to know where you are planning on staying?

12. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    james,

where can you catch the white perch at? I stay at atkins. Do you think the white perch would work in the tailrace or rice fields or just the lakes. Don't think it should make a difference where you are.

13. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    They probably would work but if I was fishing the tailrace with all the shad and herring in there i would stick to that cause they are so easily caught in the spring of the year and that is what the fish arew feeding on. You should be able to catch pech anywhere in the lake they are so plentiful. I usually catch mine under the bridge in the canal or in front of harrys fish camp. Just fish on the bottom with a small red wiggler or use a sabiki rig.

14. hammertime

hammertime New Member

State:
    Ga.
    Mullet is a good one if you can find it. I usally catch my pearch at end of canal at lower lake.