trip to milford

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by duane kingsbury, May 3, 2009.

1. duane kingsbury

duane kingsbury New Member

State:
    kansas
    hi guys, Going to try to get up there friday evening or early saturday. Are any of you guys thinking of being there? Bringing the cabover camper this time, alot more comfortable than the back of the car lol. Sounds like the lake level is coming up, are there anyone seeing any shad yet? Just in case I will probably bring a couple of jars of sides from the store. shudder,shudder. Hope to see any of you guys there. Will post further plans as the week progresses. Duane

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Duane good luck.Wish I could come out but my brother-in-law is coming over from Germany next weekend staying for two weeks:eek:oooh:

There was a lot of big fish caught out there yesterday so you should have some luck.

3. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    found ALOT of shad on the rocks by the causeway

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I will be there Duane. I do not know if Larry and Ed will be with me yet, but If I got room we can get out there again and try to get into them a little better than last time.

5. duane kingsbury

State:
    kansas
    that would be great jay hope to see you this weekend. the post ahead of yours said there were shad on the causeway at wakefield i presume. ill still try to bring a couple of jars and still have scrimp and nitecrawlers. duane

6. duane kingsbury

State:
    kansas
    finally figured that i probably should get something in for an avatar so I found one with me and my three and one half old grandson. Maybe soon I can get a big cat in the picture. Duane

7. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    That's a good picture Duane. That way if you are not in your overalls, I will recognize you :smile2:. I think we can manage to net at least a couple shad to fish with. But bring sides anyway. If you bring no bait, you won't catch bait. If you bring lots of bait, you will catch lots of bait. That's the way it usually works for me anyway :big_smile:.

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Duane, you know I'll be here:smile2:. Give me a call when you get here Friday, you staying at School Creek again? Maybe me and Jerald will get on the lake next weekend with you folks.

Jay, if you think about it, throw my chair in the ambulance, thanks. Holler at me when you get here too.

Just checked, the lakes at 1145.53, so we're a foot+ above conservation.

9. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Your chair has been in the ambulance since I left the lake. I have been out there interrogating it every night. Trying to make it give up all your fishing holes over the years :smile2:. Waterboarding has nothing on what that chair is going through :smile2:. I will bring it Friday night.

10. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Water boarding is okay, just don't sit in it:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. duane kingsbury

State:
    kansas
    if I get there first before you jim, it will get some butt boarding :big_smile: the lake level sounds great. hope to see you and jerald when I get in. I will give you a call and I think school creek. Jay is that where you were thinking? duane