Trip to get shad turns into 2 big fish

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Flootie16, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went out tonight to get some shad so i didnt have to worry about shad in the morning when kyleco55 drives down here to go fish the big O with me. Well I caught quite a few shad and said you know what screw it! Ill go drop anchor for a few hours and see what happens. I caught a few little flatheads while sitting there. Around 930 I it was time to head in since I had to head back out around 5 am. and as I am reeling my inside rods in both of my 2 outside reels starting screaming almost simultaniously! i set the reel on the first reel and it doubled over so then i set the reel on the other and it didnt double over as bad. so i took the first rod first. After about a ten minute fight i had a 40 pound blue in the net. And I was excited and had forgotten all about the other rod until I heard my monster creaking and it dawned on me there was another fish yet to be had. So after about a 5 minute fight I have a 25 pound flathead next to the boat. And I hadnt gotten the blue out of the net yet. I fish in a deep V so its pretty tough to reach over the side and grab a fish. So i look at the net with the blue wrapped up in it and say ah well! And pick the net up and put the flat in the net with the big blue. After they were both on the boat I couldnt believe it had happened so quick! And I also couldnt believe that I had left that rod in the rod holder so long and it didnt get ripped off the boat. Man I love monster rod holders when it comes to having to have a big fish wait! And oh yeah i was useing shad duh. in about 35 feet of water. Ill have pictures as soon as i can get the digital camera to work. :big_smile:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  2. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Lets see the pictures

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Oh dont worry guys...if i cant get them to upload, there was a guy from the club who saw them and took them and will be putting them on our website. so one way or another ill have proof so u guys can take off the smirks...lol

4. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    flootie, im loaded up ready to go.. im leaving now to go get shane and we will be there in a few hours

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Steve great report, I hope you and Kyle get on some nice fish tommorow. Fish On

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks! and ill have a pic up soon. And you gotta add White River Big Cats...shane to my boat too. he decided to be a man and come back :smile2:

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Ok Shane is added but i don't want no report's of him {fighting a fishing }over lost bait or him trying to punch out a kitty because it would not cooperate lmao

8. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    good luck on the ohio all

9. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    Great job!! and let us all know how the trip goes as well.

10. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Way to go Steve,
    Fishing, like life, is like a box of Forrest Gump chocolates: You never know what you're gonna get...W

11. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Good luck I'm curious to see how you do with this cooler weather.

12. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice job on the 2 good fish Steve and all the bait. Yesterday my shad spot was loaded. I could have took 2 5gallon buckets in no time. But I didn't have good luck fishing. Only 2 fish in 3 hours. Good luck to you kyle, and Shane today!

13. Beacher

Beacher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Well Steve sounds like you had a pretty exciting bait trip don't you wish they all turn out like that!!!

14. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah Beacher I cant say I make too many bait trips like that. And the funny thing is...I hate useing shad! I was only getting them for Kyle and Shane so they could take them home to freeze. And now look at me! I cant say I hate useing it now! :smile2:

15. perrycounty.in

State:
    Indiana

Did you ever get the pics to load up?

16. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Honest to god I had forgotten about it. And havent even bothered talking to the guy that took the pictures. But since you have reminded me Ill call him when he gets off of work

17. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Heres one but its really crappy and my head is cut off. this was taken from dads cell phone. so it doesnt do the fish justice. When i get the others one later on today or tomorrow if i dont get distracted it shows the size of their bellies and their length better. just remember im 6'1 and their heads are at my arm pits and the blue is well past my knee. and the flattie had a huge stomach

Attached Files:

18. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrats on the double man! amazing! cant wait to see better pics

19. perrycounty.in

State:
    Indiana
  20. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Congrats on very nice fish next time you want to go bait fishing let me know ill go lol:big_smile: