Trip to Gander Mountain in Indy!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by catfishcatcher, May 15, 2009.

1. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    This evening me and bigcatfish64 took a drive down to the Indy Gander Mountain store. We picked up ten packs of team catfish double action hooks in the 8/0. We have been using them and we both love these hooks. I also picked up a pack of gama's in 10/0, big river bait hook. I have been looking for a larger hook so I can use a large piece of bait like a whole gill on the ohio in a few weeks. I am thinking about buying a ganger mountain priemier musky rod for catfishing. The rod was 7'6", im6 or im8 shaft and rated for up to 50lbs test and a 5oz lure. It is a very nice rod that also has a full warranty for two years. Has any of you boc brothers or sisters used any of the gander mountain rods? Thanks.

2. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas

3. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nope I strictly use Quantum Big Cat rods except for the new pole and reel my wife got for christmas for me it has an abu 2 piece hopefully changing that over too soon

4. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    It was fun! Well I guess I will just have to try out that rod and see for my self. Thanks.

5. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Can you pm me the directions to Gander Mt Store. I'd like to check it out the next time I drive to Indy.

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Looks like the store in Evansville would be your closest David.

Indiana Castleton/Indianapolis, IN #272 5702 East 86th Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46250, (317) 577-1114
    Evansville, IN #271 5476 Indiana Street, Evansville, IN, 47715, 812-473-9117
    Ft. Wayne, IN #187 6043 Lima Road, Ft. Wayne, IN, 46818, (260) 416-0943
    Greenwood, IN #273 1049 N. Emerson Ave, Greenwood, IN, 46143, (317) 865-1734
    Merrillville, IN #185 1630 Southlake Mall, Merrillville, IN, 46410, (219) 793-1700
    Terre Haute, IN #270 3602 S. US Highway 41, Terre Haute, IN, 47802, (812)237-0940

7. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Evansville might be just a little closer, but I might drive to Indy just to fish with some of the guys there again.:cool2:

8. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    david the indy gander mtn is located off of exit 101 on 65.. the exit for county line rd. just turn left ( west ) and its right by the interstate on the south side of the road

9. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    I take the 82 castleton exit then head down toward the mall. I go in at the mall entrance and travel around the back side(passing dicks sporting goods) to the stop light located at the intersection on the mall and gandermountain. Hope this helps.

10. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    whoops.. i forgot about that one.. being near the south side, i go to the one off of 65 ..

11. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i love my gander mt. special musky rod... ive got the 6'3" one and i love it although im gonna get the 7ft one next time just for casting purposes. if u like a fast tip they dont have it but they have a backbone that can haul in some fish. ive gotten a 32lb blu on the ohio this year with it first fish and it handled it with ease. but its also not the im6 or 8 but that will be my next one and ill prolly put a shakespeare tidewater on it. i really like those reels ... they are about 37 bucks at walmart. but they are definitely heavy duty.. just ask BigA on here he has several of them and really likes them. hope this helps

12. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Yes it does help. Thanks a lot Dave. That wil make feel a little better when I finally buy one. I was going to buy one any way but at least one boc brother has used one. Thanks again.

13. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    not only have i bought one but im definitely gonna stick with them. they are alot lighter in weight than a cat pole and just as strong if not stronger than one.

14. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    You know I have looked at those reels, and I wondered if they were any good, how do they cast?

15. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    they cast really well. i know of a couple people that use them and really like them. i think they are probably worth more than they are priced. very good drags.

16. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Now if I am not mistaken, they are sold in the plastic package with all the other reels!!!!!

17. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    yes and they are jet black and huge ... its the biggest reel walmart has on its shelves that i have seen