trip to carthage

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TnRivershark, Nov 9, 2009.

1. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    I went striper fishing on the cumberland and caught something that i haven't caght in a long time a big fat juicy SKUNK. Had a great time with a long time friend and little miss madie, fishing isn't always about catching(it is very nice though).Here are a few pics from our day,it is a very peaceful and beatiful day out there.

2. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Nice photos Kevin, many a good trip has never included catching fish. :wink:

3. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    That is beutiful country out that way, my family is from Carthage and I always enjoy going there to fish. Thanks for the photo's. You need to come to Lebanon and go jugging with me sometime.

4. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    I would really like to do that, my days off are sundays and mondays:cool2::wink:

5. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Do you work on Staturday nights?

6. dthrasher

dthrasher New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats a good day.

7. festus

festus New Member

Jugger, when I worked for TVA I stayed in a mobile home park in downtown Carthage behind a Robertshaw plant. I love it down there. Would like to make it down there sometimes, but my lady friend has fibermyalgia, and I'm limited in what I can do. Have you ever been to Defeated Creek?

8. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    I practically grew up at Defeated Creek.

9. festus

festus New Member

Do you remember that country song "Winnie and Bob at Defeated Creek" by Billy Joe Walker?

10. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    No can't say that I do, but I use to go to all the jamboree's.

11. Scott C.

Scott C. Member

State:
    NKY
    I'm a striper junkie who lives a whole hell of a lot closer to big cat waters which ain't a bad holdover...:big_smile:

I'll be staying at Defeated Creek starting next Thursday and will bounce back and forth above and below the dam. I fish out of a big skiff with a lot of aluminum. If any of you guys see me be sure to give me a yell!

And if anyone has a lead on the jacks PLEASE send me a PM. I'm CPR when it comes to those beautiful orange county beasts! Hoping to find a fish or two the size in juggers avatar - that's a bueat!

Scott