Trip of a lifetime

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by krabaholic, Nov 12, 2007.

1. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    I started fishing a little before nine o'clock. After about 45 minutes I got my first bite and it was on from there. The bite was steady until 2:00pm when I left. Here are the numbers that I still can't believe.
    43, 40.2, 38, 37, 32, 31, 29, 27.5, 27, 22
    I attached some pictures the reason the fish are laying on the boat is because I was by myself. Next time I go solo I am going to bring a towel that I can wet down to set the fish on to help protect them.

Attached Files:

2. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    Here are some more pics.

Attached Files:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Had to be the potomac. What bait? Is that a yellow float I see on the hook leader hangin out that fishes mouth? Thanx for sharein.

4. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    Yes, that was the potomac. I was using shad for bait. The float is attached to my fish scale so if I drop it in the water it floats. I learned that leasson the hard way. Now I attach floats to my scales, and crab measuuring sticks so when I drop them I can retrieve them.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ed thanks for sharing your fishing trip and the pics of some nice fish. Enjoyed.

6. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship

7. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Thanks for sharing pics of your great day out on the river. All I can say is Congrats. Sure is a nice mess of fish you found.

8. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Ed thanks for sharing, awesome trip.:cool2:

9. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I hope you bring that horse shoe down here with you when you come but you aint goin back with it.:smile2:

Congrats on a great day.

10. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    Great job Ed,were you fishing above D.C.or below?I used to fish around Mt.Vernon and Ft.Belvoir in the 80's.

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations Ed, that was definately a trip of a lifetime. I'm still waiting on mine LOL. Thanks for sharing the story and pics.

12. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Congrats on a great day of fishing. That is an amazing day on the water, still waiting to see something like that for myself. Thanks for sharing the story and pics!