Trinity River

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by Haze, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Haze

Haze New Member

State:
    Texas
    Has anyone done any catfishing on the trinity river? The only place I have ever done any real catfishing was down in the Rio Grande Valley. I am trying to find some nice areas in the Houston area to go.

2. peej

peej New Member

State:
    cameron,tx
    i don't know how far up river you want to drive , but when I was young ( early teens) my grandpa used to take us to the trinty outside a town call Bufflo..hell i remember pull yella out five to six lbs with earth worms.one day between my brother and me we caught like up to fourty.that before the had a bag limit.. i'll look it up on the map , but i know its on the other side of huntsville. its a real nice place ..

3. peej

peej New Member

State:
    cameron,tx
    Haze...i called my grand pops and he said its next to Centerville take hwy 7 east.. stop at the LOCK DAM. dats the hot spot I know that when you go fishing you're coming back with a truck full of fish. right now the whites are runnin , you can get up to 25 in hour..but you can also stop at I-10 bridge and their is some nice parks over their. only fished their twice.caught alot gar..

4. Haze

Haze New Member

State:
    Texas
    thanks for the response. I am going to look it up on a map.

5. mmuckleroy

mmuckleroy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Haze, You can put in on HYW 59 outside of Goodrich , TX AT a public boat ramp. Its only 40-50 miles from houston. Good fishing down stream. Our up stream by the dam.

6. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I know there are some good cats in Lake Lavon, which is a Trinity river impoundment....:wink:

7. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I used to fish that area years ago. their is some big catfish in there and some big Gar too.

8. trinityman

trinityman New Member

State:
    texas
    i dont exactly know about the area close to houston...but up toward dallas all the way down to marlin on Hwy 6 its good fishing on the river if you can find a place to fish...behind richland chambers is good also....seen lots of big flats caught out of that area....

9. etrevino050

etrevino050 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey man i fish every night right here where the trinity river comes in to Lake Livingston and i have been catching them like crazy the past two nights. They mainly are bitting off there primary source oo food, which is shad. Try the heads and that might help u. Try fishing underneath the Veteran Bridge in Riverside, it might be worth your while.

10. Shotgun Slim

Shotgun Slim New Member

State:
    Texas
    Etrevino.....any size to the fish you are catching? I am new to the area and was planning on putting in at Hwy 59. How far upstream do I need to go. How deep is water you are fishing in. Thanks for any help.

11. catbandit

catbandit New Member

State:
    texas
    Dock @ I-10 run down river where trinity and old and lost river meet. We use to go there years ago and always killed them with shad, mainly 1-3# channel cats. San Jacinto river below dam when they release water after alot of rain is pretty good or sloughs off main river, try some jugs in these areas while your pole fishing. One more thing Clear Creek off 45 south, near League City. Dock @ Hwy 3 on League City side, there is a park with a boat ramp and a small pond you can catch bream with a cast net in. I set trot lines west of 45 south, thats up the creek this will work caught 38# op, 13 other cats, and big gar last time I ran trot lines (30 hooks). Clear Creek is tidal goes into Clear lake, you will catch blues more when water up and low water mostly channel and (ops with live bream). You can do better than my last outing water was real low. Hope this helps you out, good luck.

12. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    GO TO LAKE CONROE IT HAS A LOT OF CAT'S IN THE LAKE