Trinity river

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by coolarrow2, Feb 27, 2007.

1. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I fished the river at Liberty last weekend and did pretty good. I had 14/ 5 hook lines in the river baited with perch for two nights. I ended up with 30lbs of blue cat fillet's. They were all between 3lbs and 15lbs. I also threw a 18lb flathead back. It was a good time.

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Coolarrow, that ramp over at the Port of Liberty, is it on the main river? Also, is it safe to leave a vehicle there? Kind of isolated.

3. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Man they are going to dig out the mouth of the liberty ship channel they say. But as it is the river level must be at 12' above sea level to get into the river from that ramp. It is really good catfishing when the water is high near the mouth of the cut where it hits the river but when it's low the cats are tough! The bass bite good as do the crappie but the cats get lock jaw! I heard that this year they will bring in the dreaging barges and get it done but no bardges yet.
    As far as the vehicles, I have never had any trouble. That ramp or at the other one at Hwy 90. But I have heard of some folks having a little. I park and both and will leave my truck there for sometimes two days and lot's of nights and knock on wood I have never had any mishaps. Now I make no promise that you will have that kind of luck because there is a pretty bad area not far from there and I hear tell of drugs deals at times. I have a nice Ford F-150 4X4 with a lift and no one has messed with it so I hope thet don't start. I hope this helps. I'll be camping on the river sand bar all next week if the weather is good and if it's bad I'll be down there for the weekend for sure. The big flat will soon fall pray!!!!