Trinity River

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by coloradontexas, Aug 25, 2005.

1. coloradontexas

coloradontexas New Member

Any one fishin the big trinity?

2. Bosshawg

Bosshawg New Member

State:
    Madisonville, TX
    Hello,

I fish the Trinity quite a bit. Whats up? :hmm-big:

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I fish in the elm fork of the trinty river at the lake lewisville spillway im there almost every fri sat sunday that there open hasnt been any big cats pulled out in a the last month big blues gone down river for now but the channels seem to be staying

4. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    Good James,

I love catching the Channels. It has been awhile since I have caught any blues. Maybe we will see each other at the spillway this Sunday.

5. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    wont be there this sunday im out of work sick so no fishing for me for a while plus my tags are out on my car and the gamewarden came down there the other day and gave me a warning so i got to get them taken care of. havent been down there in a couple of weeks now and havent heard much about any fish being caught last big one i heard about being caught was a 33 pounder back in septmeber. if you are after channels down there the best rig that has been working for me is a slip float rig useing a really small split shot and about a 4/0 crappie hook and small float i use chicken livers that have been soaking in anise oil. uselly i use a chunk about the size of a dime and drop it down about a foot away from the wall and just let it drift around they seem to be really shy bitters right now. id try close to the pipes if they arent running if they are head down to the rocks use a slip rig with a 3 oz weight and a about a 6 inch leader i prefer to use hole worms on a circle hook. i wouldnt try down river id stay right at the main fishing area to shallow down river and the only deep holes you have to wade to get to. if you ask Virginia at the front gate she usely knows if any fish are being caught and where. if you catch a big one make sure you get you picture taken by her. good luch