Trinity River trip

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by spencerg, Mar 23, 2009.

1. spencerg

spencerg New Member

State:
    oglesby texas
    We had the best trip I have had in a long time this past weekend. We had 25 5 hook drops and in 2 days we caught over a hundred fish. 40 of which where between 18 & 25#. It was a lot of fun. The first run produced 15 fish, three of which where 20,22, 27#! The flats are definately biting. Almost half of our fish where flats. We did throw back all flats under 10#. We wanted to let grow up! It was a blast. I now have the 'ol deep freeze stocked up for a while. The pic in my avatar was one of our biggest. It was 40#. Just thought I would give everyone a report of our first catch of the year.

2. Vector

Vector New Member

State:
    Midwest
    :crazy: Wow! That sounds awesome! What was the bait of choice down there? No cat biting like that around here for a while still.

Got any more pics to share?

Vector

3. spencerg

spencerg New Member

State:
    oglesby texas
    We use live perch, but a lot of guys are using catapla worms and doing real good at it. We did have a good time and I look forward to catchin the big one this year.

4. Vector

Vector New Member

State:
    Midwest
    Good deal! Sure sounds like some fun going on down there! What's "The Big One" going to weigh out at this year?

Vector

5. wildturkey

wildturkey New Member

State:
    Texas
    Spencer,
    I would call that a productive couple of days. How often did you run the lines, and where on the trinity do you fish?
    I fished the Angelina this week but didn't have much luck.
    Jim

6. spencerg

spencerg New Member

State:
    oglesby texas
    we ran the lines at 5pm& 12am friday, then 8am & 5pm & 12am saturday. thats it! We fish in the palestine area. That same weekend a private land owner put on a tournament that had 14 boats fishing. their biggest was 44#, and big stringer was 175#. They where all fishing up river from us.

7. wildturkey

wildturkey New Member

State:
    Texas
    How about sending some of those cats down here to the forks of the river!!!
    I finally got a trotline out yesterday in Rayburn, but the wind has been so high I haven't been able to bait it. Got to get my perch trap out and get some bait.