trinity river trip good an bad

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by thecatman, Jul 20, 2009.

1. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    well jesse and i went fishin down on the trinity and took the boat this time well we should have taken an extra batter or 2 lol well we got down to the spot we were wanted to fish at and got set up and started to fish well we broke 4 fish off before we got one on the bank and it was a 15.2lb blue no big deal right well he had a gash taken out of his head that was fresh there is a pic attached to show where it was about 10 min later hooked into another fish was a 19.2lb blue soon as we got this one on the bank the next rod went down set the hook and reel him in another blue 12lbs this time well there was a storm rolling in so we decided to pack it up but just before we did we had yet another rod go down another good blue this one went 19.6lbs going again soon as weather cooperates and allows a few days on the river as right after we got to the river we saw either an extremely large gar or a monster cat with about a 10-15lb blue cat in his jaws

oh i forgot to mention that the batteries for the trollin motor died about 2 miles from the truck so we had to walk back to the truck and go get jesse's dads boat with an 18hp motor and tow the boat back lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  2. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Looks like yall had fun Brandon. I didn't know there were a lot of big blues in the Trinity, looks like yall have found them. New camera takes good night pics also.

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    lol much better pics!! i cant wait to be down there catchin some REAL fis...bait is fun but not THAT MUCH FUN LOL

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thanx for sharein the story and pics. :wink:

5. mjpotts

mjpotts New Member

State:
    Sulphur Springs Tx
    I've never fished the trinity but may have to give it a try. Sounds like a you caught some nice fish. Congrats.

6. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    It was a good trip that until the batteries went down.Atleast we caught some fish though.