trinity river-new boat!

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by Mudcat Hunter, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Mudcat Hunter

Mudcat Hunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    Finally got the new boat yesterday and hoping to go start breaking it in today! Putting in at Riverside, I'll probably mostly be just driving around but will try to fish for a bit. I'm actually sick today but there is no way im keepin that boat out of the water! I havent even turned the key yet!

Anyway i should be on the water as much as possible this weekend and will post back if i find some whiskers.
    Hey Byron, sorry it wont let me send you a private message yet, and i've been out of commission for a few weeks, but I'm finally getting on the water.:smile2:

2. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Congrats on the new boat! Let us know how the fishing is going above the lake. I fish down here in Liberty and at the corp locks below IH 10. I hope the weather get better.

3. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Congratulations on the new boat. Keep it wet.

4. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I almost forgot, Welcome to the BOC.

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    you guys fishing the trinity river ever target gator gar.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Casey.

7. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well How did the trip go? I'm so ready to hit the water! Maybe Sunday the way the weather looks. And Poison Pits Is this one of the critters you looking for?

Attached Files:

8. texas_river_rat

texas_river_rat New Member

State:
    Texas
    do any of yall have any experience fishing at the lock and dam on the trinity?

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Casey Congrats on the new boat and Welcome to the BOC.:0a22::0a25::0a25:

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    yes sir thats it save me a spot come july or august. lol

11. Mudcat Hunter

Mudcat Hunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    thanks for the warm welcome! Sorry ive been so busy hard to keep up. Took the boat out 3 times to break in the motor last weekend, fished a little bit twice. Caught 1 each time about 15 inches. Water sure is cold! Looked like the white bass will be hittin soon. Already hung a stump and something metal, so the first scratches on the motor are out of the way haha!

I've only hooked gator gar on accident. I have fished at the lok n dam, but only from the bank and caught a cooler full. I really hope to take the boat up there this summer. Ive seen pics of the fish and gar caught there, is pretty crazy.

Im still waiting on parts to hook all the electronics and stuff up on the boat, hope to get pics soon after that. I need to set my preferences to let me know someone posted too!

12. Mudcat Hunter

Mudcat Hunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    Should of said I caught both of those in shallow water, but it was also 70+ degrees those days. 1 in the river, 1 in a creek, 1 above 19 bridge, 1 below it.:big_smile:

13. byron9393

byron9393 New Member

State:
    texas
    Congrats on the new boat. Hope to see you on the river soon. The trotlineres have been catching a lot of cats in about 3 ft. of water around here both day and night. Seems to me its all wrong but then agin I'm new to this stained water. Nothing is the same as it was on the highland lakes. Boy I sure do have a lot to learn, but thanks to all the great BOC guys the learning curve is fun and much shorter than it could be. These are a great bunch of guys and they will help a person out in anyway they can. Welcome to the BOC.