Trinity river flathead catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by coolarrow2, Sep 22, 2007.

1. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hears a camera phone picture of a 28.6 lb Flathead I caught this morning on a rod and reel. First fish of the day. I missed another big fish that pulled the hook. I think the bait wadded up on the hook and blocked the hook from getting in good. Man are the big flats hitting!!

Attached Files:

2. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    congrats on a good one where in texas are u fishing i am from okla and been 4 nights from dark to midnight without a single hit guess i got alot to learn about finding these beast,read a web sight somewhere one time they put a tracking device on so flatheads and track them.in a 24 hr period they only moved 10% of the time in a 24 hr period and when they moved it was direct routes the rest of the 24 hrs they were sitting still

3. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I fish a 20 mile stretch of river around the Hwy 90 bridge which is in south east Texas. I have been catching some good fish latley. I got a 38lb one three weeks ago and the 28lb one yesterday. I catch lots up to 15lbs and smaller. I break off more than I will ever catch. If that flathead can find a log it's over.LOL Anyway keep trying and you will get it, plus ready everything you can find on catching them! It helps even if you don't use every tip they offer.