Trinity river blues

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by coolarrow2, Nov 27, 2008.

1. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well I'm finally going to get a chance to really get out there and do some fishing. After dinner today going to put out traps for perch and load the boat. If the rain is not too bad I'll be on the water tomorrow, if it's bad I'll be going Saturday early. Live perch and fresh shad should bring a good mess of blues. I hope so anyway, the river has changed so much this fall I will have to do some looking around for sure. Ray

2. Andrew Y'Barbo

Andrew Y'Barbo New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hope you do good. Where you going to put in? Good luck

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck on your trip brother. I am looking forward to fishing on Monday. I hope the weather holds out for me

4. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Had a great day several blues and channels and even a few white bass. Biggest blue right at 10 lbs. :big_smile:

5. byron9393

byron9393 New Member

State:
    texas
    Glad to hear you had a good day. What part of the river were you on. I'v been doing pretty good w/the blues in the river, bottom bouncing. Lots of lost rigs but the fish have been plentyfull. Catching most in the 26 to 30 ft. depth. Noticed a lot of trash on the river yesterday. It must have rained somewhere. Glad to see the river moving tho.

6. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Byron I fish the Liberty area. Where do you fish the river at? I have tried the bottom bouncing thing but I have better luck spending my time finding the fish on the gragh and fishing for them on the hit and move tech. I'll pull in and fish a spot till the bite slows and I'll moves again. I catch most all of the good fish in the first 10 min of being in a hole. I might fish 10 miles of river in a day some times.

7. byron9393

byron9393 New Member

State:
    texas
    Mostly fish from the 19 bridge to the western end of the jungle. Havnt made it anywere else yet. Tried the hit a hole and run tech. but seem to be doing the most good just driftting.