Trinidad Vs. Jones

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Flatheadhunter33, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I notice that no one has posted any comments on this fight? Does anyone plan to watch it? I am a fan of boxing from a long time ago and Roy was my favorite fighter for a long, long time ever since he was in the Olympics!

It sucks that this fight will be on the same night as the UFC fight with Bj Penn. I would like to see both but I am leaning more towards the UFC fight.

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I will just wait a week after to watch it on cable. Those two are washed up.:smile2:

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Dameon,
    I like Trinidad & Jones, I can't call that one :confused2: - but I think that I'm going to do the same thing as Greg & wait a week and see the fight on cable - but you know that I'll be checking Sport Center after the fight is over to see who came out on top.
    :wink:

4. joadb

joadb New Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    i kind of want to order it-more for what they once were than what they are.

5. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I read an article covering the pre-fight interviews and there was a little trash talking form both sides but Jones' trainer claims that Roy is doing things now that he has not done in years (training-wise). They claim that the "old" Roy Jones is back...:eek:oooh:we'll see...

6. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'll be reading about that one on boxing.com.lol:wink:

7. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I am a big Trinidad fan we just to have small parties to watch his fights. I also was a fan of Roy Jones. I think this is a fight just about the money. Even though they both have taking a fall they both still very good fighters. Roy Jones is probably the more technical of the two. I didn't even know they where fighting until about maybe two weeks ago. It hasn't recieved much publicity. I haven't heard anyone really talk about it at work and other places. I think i pass up on paying to watch it though.

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i agree i wont pay to watch it, i think its not highly publicized cuz they have taken a downfall in both their careers. i aslo think its about the money, but moreso whoever wins will be very hiped up in their next fight & maybe be very highly publicized as "coming back"

9. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    im gonna watch penn and the ufc. i like noth jones and trinidad but to me not worth 50 bucks. 10 yrs ago yea but now no. i think trinidad will win unless jones is fighting like he use to. but from a fighters point of view its hard to be on top all those yrs and then get older and try to come back. its hard to get motivated when u have been there and done that. nothing left to prove. i think alot of fighters stick around to long. i want to remember the trinidad and jones in there prime. not the older slower version and thats what we will remember because they wont retire.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm not going to pay to view it, but I will step out and predict Jones to win. I will watch for free a week later.

11. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Dameon,
    I used to be a huge boxing fan myself. Grew up next to a boxing gym as a kid. I don't watch it to much anymore because it's all pay per view. I remember that even without cable you could see it a couple times a week back in the day. Too bad I miss it.

Richard

12. IAB1965

IAB1965 New Member

State:
    Columbia, SC
    I am a big fan of Roy Jones Jr. and Roy will win this fight with no problem. Roy has won a belt and defened it in the last yr or so...:cool2:I think he will try and set up a mega fight for his next fight. You all know that he still wants to fight the executioner “Bernard Hopkins”! Last month Tarver won a weak fight and is trying to get back into the lime light. The bottom line up front, Roy says in TITO in FOUR! I think it will go the distance and Roy will be VICTORIOUS…:big_smile:

13. joadb

joadb New Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    i saw the weigh in-tito looked a little soft.but he's still got a giant right hand.

14. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    WHo did Jones win a belt from? I havent seen him fight since Glenn Johnson KO'ed him...I have seen him commentating on HBO, but havent heard of him fighting definantly havent heard about him winning any belt in the last year

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm picking Roy Jones Jr in this one. I've always been a fan of his. I just wish it wasn't on PPV.....:angry:

16. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I agree. All the fights going over to pay per view really took alot of fans out of the game. I remember watching everyone from Tyson to Chavez on the HBO! Heck I even remember watching Pernell Whittaker on "Wide World Of Sports"! (regular tv if anyone remembers:smile2:).

17. joadb

joadb New Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    those were the days.sittin around with my dad watchin duran or holmes fightin on free television.

18. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Jones wins by decision

19. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Jones wins unanimous decision, knocks Trinidad down twice.