Trilene fishing line

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by DamonG, Aug 15, 2009.

1. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Has anyone tried the Trilene hi-test yet. I saw it in Bass Pro and was thinking about trying it out on my bass rods. I use the trilene big cat on my catfish rods and wouldn't think of changing that.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    It ought to be sufficient for a Bait Reel:smile2::smile2:

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    100 pound braid on them bass reels. :big_smile:

If they get snagged just keep pulling and at least you will get the head to the boat!! :smile2:

4. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    100lb, shoot I use 150lb on my flippin rod :eek:oooh:that way if a bass get's rapped up under a dock I can just saw the dock poles in too so I can get the fish out.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I use to use braid line till my shoulder got bad. Can't break the dang stuff. I fished in the tree's a lot and something kept breaking my line (probably a 100lb flathead) well the cat fish would hang up and you just keep pulling till the rod breaks. I finall found a way to break the brade line by accident. If fishing straight down, just kind of flip the rod up and down, causing the 2-3oz lead to go up the line and come back down on the swivle (sp) do that a couple of times and the line will snap. to prevent this from happening put a bead under the lead. Big Game and Ande line is good enough for me. I did get some line off of ebay, Big Game 30# yellow'ish green. Didn't have any identy paper on the spool but i sure wish i could find some more of it.. It is some of the strongest line i have used. When i get hung up i just pull out the knife. Man i go through some line:smile2:

6. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Havent heard of the hi version but i will look around and see the details about it. Thx for sharing brother.

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I used it when Stren made it but haven't since Trilene started. It worked just fine for me.

8. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    never heard of this line. I use and live my solar trilene big game. After using it i would be willing to give any trilene a try!

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...has anyone tried the Trilene hi-test yet..."

Does Ande make it???? :smile2:

Seriously, no. I am an Ande man. :wink:

10. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    When it comes to my catfishing rods it is trilene big cat all the way. Best line in my opinion for catfishing I have ever used. Tried many different brands and have always gone back to it. It is some seriosly tough mono.

11. big water cats

big water cats New Member

State:
    south carolina
    triline is very good line i use it myself