Trilene big game

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by joadb, Feb 23, 2007.

1. joadb

joadb New Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    i use 20-30lb trilene big game.ive heard people say you have to change it acouple times a year.can iget away without changing it for a season or more?

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    If you don't mind taking a chance on losing a big fish because the sun has weakened the line and, you don't mind losing casting distance because 6 months after putting the line on, you don't have a full capacity reel, leave it on. If you are going to leave it on, be sure to keep the reel in a dark place when not fishing. I change out my line about once a month in fishing season whether it needs it or not. Even living on disability as I do, its still pretty inexpensive insurance.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jerry I agree. It is inexpensive insurance.I'm always fishing for that fish of a lifetime and I don't want to take a shortcut with my main connection (line) to that fish. Enough Said.:lol: :wink:

4. FishinRich

FishinRich New Member

State:
    Colorado
    I bought trilene before a trip to Alaska to catch king salmon. caught the first one about 30lbs. But after that my line was so streched i could't land another one. So much for bg.

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i change my 30# bigame bout 3 times a year its good line but with the manner of how i take care of it its best to change it every so often , my rods lay in my boat 24 7 365 days a year outside in the weather so i choose to not take the chance on looseing that fish big or small

6. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    I use it and Ive had no problem keeping it on for the entire season...but I fish 90% of the time at night and when not in use there stored in my dark shed....so I dont change it but once every year ..and I wouldnt be afriad to re-spool it backwards onto a channel cat setup
    JMO

7. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    I have had one reel spooled with Big Game for the past two seasons that is still fine. Really the better route to go is to change it as others have stated.

8. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I don't do very much daytime fishing. But when I do I change it pretty regular. And night fishing if it starts getting line memory or weird looking I change it. Better safe than sorry. When in dought change.