Trilene Big Cat

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by barbel, Aug 17, 2005.

1. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    This is some good stuff. It is stiff, but is abrasion resistant and is hi-vis so you can see it very easily. It is also shock absorbent, so that big blue wont snap the line when it smashes your bait. It is also fluorescent, so it will glow under a black light. I give it an 8.5 out of 10.

2. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Barbel I have to agree with you the line is tuff and I think it casts pretty well also. I give it 8.5 as well.

3. cat4life

cat4life New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    How much does that line cost? I use Trilien Big Game, But I would like to upgrade for the bigger cats. Sounds like a good line.

4. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Sky you can get this line for less than 6 bucks I am sure Catfish Connection has some. It is a really good line and if you use a blacklight it glows and looks as big as rope. Hope this helps Sky.

5. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Big game line and big cat line are the same thing. Just the packaging is the only difference I find.

6. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Over the years I think the Big cat line is one of the best lines I have ever used. Tough, durable, and very inexpensive.

7. Marshallmth

Marshallmth New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio Area
    Big Cat seems like a good line, I put it on my "secondary" rig. And I havent had any complaints. I just always have the thought in my head, "why is this so cheap?" Kinda makes me wonder what sweat shop this line is spooled from! lol

8. josh33

josh33 New Member

State:
    OGLESBY, JUST BY 30 FOOT
    Yeah their not that much diffrent than each other. The only thing i recall was the big game had a little smaller diamiter and the two lines had diffrent colors to choose from.

9. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    I like the big cat line but I use trilene XT exclusively