Trilene Big Cat fishing line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by F150Catfish, Feb 9, 2007.

1. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I was looking around store in few days ago, I saw Trilene big cat line but I don't have use it before. Here what your opinion about this Trilene Big Cat line?? Anyone use it?? Thanks

2. MaysvilleCatfish

MaysvilleCatfish New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thats all that ive used for the past 2 years and until it lets me down,thats the line for me.good luck on the water.

3. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    i didnt like it. it was the last mono i used and im never using anything but braid again. even if its a little outta my budget ill save up for a little to spool up all my reels with braid before i use mono. just my opinion tho, ive used trilene big game 2 times and big cat 2 times and the big game was better.

4. sharkn1979

sharkn1979 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i have not tried berkly big cat yet but i have had real good luck with the big game. i have caught several big sharks over 200# on thirty pound test and a lemon shark that was just over 400 , i guess i will have to try the big cat line and see what is made of.

5. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    i put some Trilene Big Cat line neon green on my 6000's going to give it a try

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    As far as I can tell big cat is about the same as big game. The manufacturing may be a little different. Although I think it's just a marketing thing.

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    From my experience its not as good as Berkley Big Game. The Big Cat line holds more memory and is not as strong as Big Game. I currently use P-Line and Sufix Tritanium Plus

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Right now, I am using Trilene XT Its some good line so I think the Big Cat is just as good.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Always used Berkley Big Game. Never used Berkley Big Cat. Someone give it a field test and report the results. Thanks.:lol:

10. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Jayson don't be that way lol. 25lb big game, big cat( same line different name) has more abraison res. than 50lb power pro. If you nick the braid it will break easy. if you nick the mono it will forgive you. If you fish around rocks or wood check the last two feet of line each time you reel in. check your line more frequently. If you want to use braid anyway move up to 80lb at the least, it has close to twice the abraison res. than 50lb. 50lb braid is like 15lb mono in abraison res. 80lb braid is closer to 25 but not quite. Its your fault if your line breaks cause you wont re-tie a hook. It only takes a minute.

11. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I realy like big cat, ive used it for 2 years now and it holds up all year long. I use 30 or 40 # big cat, i think it is the same line as big game though. I like braid also but only when i need a strong line with small diamiter.

12. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Today I bought it, its same line as big game. Thank for comments!

13. CAT MD

CAT MD New Member

State:
    MD
    I am using spiderwire 65 lb test with steel leader.

14. catfisherman3

catfisherman3 New Member

State:
    SC
    Anyone think the catfish have a problem with the color of line because every time i fish with it i dont catch much