Trilene Berkley big game fishing line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by bigfish, Mar 19, 2006.

1. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    i heard some good things about this line, so i got some, or i think i did. the line i got just says berkley big game, nowhere does it say trilene, or solor green just green. is this the same line?

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yep, same thing. trilene used to make a XT-solar line and it was called "solar green". so now out of habbit everyone calls the big-game green "solar green".

3. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Hi guys, just so i got it right in my head for when I do my order I need to get which of the following from CC? :confused:

BERKLEY BIG GAME 40 lb SOLAR 370YD
    BERKLEY BIG GAME 40 lb DARK GREEN
    BERKLEY BIG CAT LINE 40 lb SOLAR GREEN

Maybe i just ain't had enough coffee today. lol

Joe

edit: scratch the big cat line, just got me another cup of coffee. lol

4. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    thanks dink, was hoping i got the right stuff. hey catter some one will post soon to answer your ? i cant cause im new to this berkley line also and they had me confuses as all get out, cause i couldnt find any that said solor green or any that said berkley trilene. but now i know there the same.

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hmmm, maybe im wrong? i forgot they make the "dark green". is yours flourescent green? if so then thats the "solar green. i know the XT solar green was supposed to refract the "solar" rays that ruin fishing line. it was a duller flo-green than what the big-game is. the BG has a glossy sheen to it like most mono's do. XT solar was really bad for memory too, think thats why it wasnt a good seller and was discontinued. other than that it was a relly good line.

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Solar Green Berkley Big Game is not the same color as the the regular green Berkley Big Game. The solar is a bright green, almost chartreuse color while the regular big game is a dark green color. I just purchased several spools of the solar green from Catfish Connection.

7. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    ok i looked on cabelas and bass pros site and neither one of them sell the solor green. well i guess since i already bought the plain old green i just as well use it, im sure the only differance is the color. i guess catfish connection is the only place around you can still get the solor green.

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    bigfish - yeah, it's hard to find the solar big game. Like you were saying Bass Pro and Cabelas don't offer it. Catfish Connection has it! The more I think about it, this is the perfect line for night fishin' for big cat's!

9. Kittykiller

Kittykiller New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have Big Game 20# on my largest rig and have never broken yet, have had to cut it a few times though:) Great line

10. vinny

vinny New Member

State:
    ill.
    20# is what I use .have not cought a big cat yet but am still going for one.have to be carefull with the light 20# and not horse him in

11. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    are you guys saying that this line works very well

12. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I strictly use the 20# big game in the solar green. If you use a blacklight at night, it looks like bright green rope going in the water!

13. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I have 30# Solar green on a couple of mine. Whether you use 30 or 40# is a personal preference.

14. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I use Trilene big game 30# and have had great luck with it. Biggest cat last year was a 62# flathead that I pulled from heavy cover with no problems. I use 7 foot medium heavy rods with Zebco 808 reels, cheap but work good. Only time I broke off a fish was my fault because of a bad spot in the line that I didn't find until it broke. Chris

15. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    I can't wait for my to come in I order 30# from bass pro

16. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I swear by 30# Big Game and 30# Cajun Red. The Cajun is rough to see at night, otherwise it compares with Trilene for durability in rugged situations.

17. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    I have always used Big game, Ive had the dark green and the solor both, and there super tough and Ill probably always use them
    I just bought a spool of 40# cajun red on sale and its way to stiff and would make good barbed wire

18. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I use 30# Big Game in solar green. At night I put six rods out the back of the pontoon with the solar green line and put a black light where it hits all the lines and it looks like a little Las Vegas on the back of my boat! Never had any trouble with the line itself, but have had a problem with birdnesting on a couple reels I got. More than likely it's "operator error" and not equipment failure!

19. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Guys, guys, he asked if it was the same line.

Anyways, Jim, Trilene is a subcompany of Berkely, so as for being Trilene Big Game, it is the same stuff. Now, the color may be different. If the color looks like a bright fluorescent green, then that is solar. If it is a darker low-vis color, then that is just the regular dark green stuff. Either way, the color has no impact on its performance from what I can see, and it all works wonders.

:0a26:

20. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i use 30# spider mono. it is some nice line. i also have the 40# spider, but i haven't tried it.