Tried the White River Tuesday

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Oct 20, 2007.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went to one of my local spots and all i caught was 2 channels on minnows. At least they was around 5pds

2. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    could be worse ... u could have not caught any like me lol..... i havent caught a cat in 3 weeks. next year ill be travelin more than i do now which is none lol .... how big were the minnows u were using?

3. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    they were about 6 in. long... but thats all they would hit on

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    that seems to be the only y way the fish are hiten right now is on live bait about 2 weeks ago i was out on the ohio river an got lucky an got some nice shad put two rods with live shad an two with cut shad an skip jack an the only one they hit on was the live shad

5. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i need a way to keep my sad alive ... i cant really spend any money right cause its tight with the holidays coming up and moving and all ... i just need to catch em when im at the river instead of at my house then going .

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yesterday me and cuz(hoosierpolecat) caught several flats. we started as always with both live and cut. the fish were all caught on cut gill, mid to late morning. water was 60* fyi

7. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    My buddy got a 25# last weekend on the upper section of the Bash on live bream. Dave, you could take a 55g trash can and cut down to size for the shad. Although those can be expensive too. I actually cut a 55 and put a 35 inside. I then filled with foam to insulate. It works great.

8. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    just gotta find me one of those

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    today was a bust for me. the rain must have just soaked in so the creeks were'nt running. the river was real low and the fish not hungary,only managed one 4#er and one pickup n drop.

good luck fellow hoosiers cold is comeing fast!

10. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i would have thought they would have been on fire ... where exactly did ya fish or region i should say . dont wanna take any good spots.

11. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    ne indiana bro. very upper wabash.

12. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I have been fishing the whole westside of the city and down south toward martinsville.... thats a giant strectch of river and this whole year the largest i could get was a 15# Flatty... I havent been able to get any fish to comit to the baits.. unless i use minnows but i dont want little 5 pounders.. I just dont get it... i hope we have a 4 day window of 73 to 76 degree days... and i hope that puts some spark in these fish/....

13. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    maybe you should go poke around peru,hint hint. lol the bash up here dont get much presure and you know what that means.