Tried some new bait on my fishing trip

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by creature19_99, Jun 30, 2006.

1. creature19_99

creature19_99 New Member

State:
    Pikeville, Kentucky
    Today I hit the spillway at Fishtrap lake again, the water was swift but that is kinda the way I prefer it to be. Tried some new baits, such as the "Hog Wild" dough balls which smell like crap but got me a few hits, however chicken liver is what I got catches on. I got me some circle hooks and they seemed to do better and also got some good hits on nightcrawlers. Biggest fish this trip, 5 lb' channel cat. on a side note I was using a small blue gill as bait with my pole fixed in the fence and got a hit that tore some of the chain off the fence. It was pretty intense.

Brandon

2. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    speaking of chicken livers I caught a striper the other day on them, and I never have seen it before. Has anyone ever hear or see it.

3. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    Chicken liver is a good bait for hybrid stripers.

4. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Yea, Ive caught stripers at Dewey spillway on livers.

5. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've seen just about anything caught on chicken livers:
    Largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, white bass, blue cats, channel cats, bullheads, hybrid bass, "bream"... the list goes on.

6. pattyquack

pattyquack New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    One of the biggest bluegill I have caught was off of livers

7. creature19_99

creature19_99 New Member

State:
    Pikeville, Kentucky
    I like liver, I have done better with it than with anything. I remeber one trip out on Fishtrap lake at the mouth of Jonican on a boat where we brought in over 70 stripers, and at the spillway I hooked into a hybrid longer than my leg (I'm average height lol) just a couple weeks back, so yeah liver is a good bait.

Brandon