Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
October 6th my wife & I headed up to Galloplis Ohio for I wanted to do some catfishing. I had hoped to have better luck there since commercial fishermen are not on that section of the Ohio River. I was meeting a catfisherman from that area that had a seat in his boat.

We arrived at the city then needed to get my WV. one day license which meant a short drive into WV. Good thing it was still day light for at night that gas station would not be easy to find.

Oct 7th. 08 20 my friend arrived and we headed for the nearby ramp. The air was warm already with an up river wind. We got our 4 rods in the water at 09:00 at our first spot. We let the wind drift us up river. My friend was marking fish but they did not hit any of our baits. Thawed shad & skipjack fresh live bluegills were the baits that should have gotten the cats attention.

1055 we were at the second spot and anchored, 11:30 my partner for the day got a tap one of his rods. That was it for that area no bites. So around 12:40 we moved up into the Kanawha River to get out of the wind. No action at all, so went back to the Ohio River.

The next spot I did hook a small turtle, and that was it for that spot. We tried one more spot made two passes drift fishing, same thing no bites. We called it a day and made the long run back to the ramp. Seven hours on the water and only a small turtle for the effort.

I thanked my partner for inviting me to wet a line with him and his boat. It was a hot long day with the temp 92 degrees and a white cap up river wind. Seems like my catfishing jinx is still with me no matter where I fish.

Next morning my wife & I headed home in an all day rain, it was good to get back home and crash in my recliner!

·
Registered
James N ... Central California.
10,294 Posts
Well at least you got to meet up with a new buddy and wet a line... Things will work out for you Norb in due time....Hang in my friend...Fish On.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.