Tried Fishing Saturday night..not even a line wet

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by BigCatter54, Jun 29, 2009.

1. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Went fishing with Mike (BuckDoe270), we got out on the water, literally on the water and water patrol who is sitting at the ramp comes and checks out the boat, life vest, fire extinguisher, "Hey, do you have a plates for your boat trailer" oh shit, havent put it on yet, well, he let me go with a warning, just said get it on next time, so we are on our way, stop and get bait, got plenty of asians and shad, a few gar, and almost a 9 or ten lb spoon bill, fell out of the net. On my last throw I tore up my net got it caught on a submerged limb :angry::embarassed:, was able to salvage it though (repaired it last night), so we are on our way, driving a long, mike was amazed at all the asians jumping out of the water, the cuiver is known for its abundance of Asian Carp, until a big one jumped in a cacked the mount for my anchor light:angry::angry::embarassed:, so after getting my light out of the water we continue down river to the hole, while driving Mike is riggin up the light so it will stay on, (well done by the way:wink:), we are about a 1/4 of a mile away from the hole when mike comments on the light show behind us:embarassed:, (not fireworks unfortuneately), so i try calling my wfie and my brother no answer for a weather update, we set and look at the storm for another two minutes, and decide Hell with this and head back to the ramp.

Good thing we did becasue when that puppy came through and hour later (Holy SH*T:crazy:, I thought my house was gonna blow down) would not have wanted to be out on the water when that thing hit, rain I can stand, but lightining and hurricane force winds......no thank you:eek:oooh:.

2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    sounds like some of my trips....

sorry that happened im sure it will be better next time.....

3. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Chad, sorry to hear about your bad luck last week. Nights like that one make you appreciate the good ones even more.:wink:

4. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Thanks, yeah, i know just keep headin out and Hunt'n for mister wiskers.:wink:

5. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like you guys made a good choice. Sorry to hear of the busted light and lost nights fishing...just how it goes sometimes.

What was it Sam Elliott (The Stranger) said to Jeff Bridges (The Dude) in The Big Lebowski?

"Sometimes you eat the baaar...and sometimes the baaar eats you."

The Dude abides

6. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    like chad said i'm fixing the light while were moving, well needless to said
    my hat flew off and is donated to cuiver river, sunk like a rock.
    i heard about the strong winds, trees down :crazy::crazy:
    glad we got in when we did
    thanks chad
    next time watch weather first:roll_eyes:

7. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::eek:oooh:, no kiddin, goes to show ya how bad the weathermen are a predictin old mother nature.

8. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Chad where are you putting in at on the Cuivre? I've got a lot at chain of rocks with a camper set up on it. I bought it last year and have yet to use it.:embarassed: But now that I have a little fishing boat I plan on checking out the cuivre a little here and there.

9. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Mike/Chad,
    Sorry to hear about your outing. I almost launched and now I'm glad I didn't go out. LOL! :smile2::big_smile:

10. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Unlike you chad, i was fishing in a Big River cat Tourny up in louisiana mo, we were not so lucky about getting out of the storm, We got caught in that Mississippi River Typhon and that was an experience, soaken wet and not a fish to show for the whole night. We looked at that storm and made the well educated decision that it looks like it going to blow past us, well that was a bad decision. It was raining so hard that our GPS was saying our boat was a 1/2 mile on land, and we couldnt tell if we were on the illinois side of the river or the Missouri side. But hey it was better than sitting at home with no electricity for hours.

11. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I was under a dock in Two Rivers Marina when the storm hit, glad I wasn't out on the water. But judging from all the tree damage around the state park when I got home, I think Troy was hit a lot harder than further up North.