Tried day fishin' for the 1st time!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by GUP, Nov 26, 2007.

1. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    I went out on the river for the first time this weekend to try some day fishing. It is definetly warmer, and you can see alot farther. I didn't have much luck, but had fun. I called one of my buddies that day fishes at the end of the day. He got me lined out on what to look for. (too late to do any good, shoulda called him at 9am) I drove over several holes, and there were a couple of them showing fish. I had to get back in and take the kids to the "parade of lights" in town that night. I'll be tryin those holes next week!

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thanks for the report Jon. Tight Lines next time out. Those fish should start moving into those slack water holes soon. I'm surprised they arnt there yet.

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    They werent there Friday. Or at least I couldnt get any decent bites. I threw the net for about 2 hours and collected one drum about 8 or 10 inches long. I caught a channel about 15 inches and a blue about 2 and a half pounds.

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I went out on Friday evening for a few hours and searched about 20 wing dikes, front back and back edy pockets. I think I marked a total of 10 fish and the most fish that I found together was 3. I think I spent about 30 min total set up on two good fish that I marked before I discovered the fact that I may be a fair weather fisherman.:wink: It was brutal out there and every fish that I marked was located on the bottom with their little heads burried in structure. They seemed to be pretty scattered. Came back to the boat ramp a little after dark to discover the truck had a dead battery. I think it was a whoppin 25 degrees out and my cell phone was going dead. Thank god some good ole deer hunters were coming in and had a back up battery. We took the connectors off of mine cranked it with theirs and plugged mine back up. It was a lucky thing that they came when they did. I think I will wait for a little warmer weather or at least a few weeks to make sure they are in their little holes were they belong.

5. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    wow ryan glad to hear everything workout for you, I was wondering how did you do. sorry I couldnt make it. maybe i'll catch you on the next trip, thanks for calling if i didnt have the baby i would've been there in a heart beat. I went out sat. I was by myself so i didnt drive down to truman. I just put in at c.b. and went to my dink hole....lol
    I got two 3 & 7lbs I found them in 21ft of water behind a big sand bar. I think when it get alittle colder that little hole is gonna be packed w/fish

6. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Better luck next time!
    Linz:wink:

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Good luck with your next time around out there Jon!