Tried bluegill again tonight

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by PRITCHETTK, May 21, 2006.

1. PRITCHETTK

PRITCHETTK New Member

State:
    SALINA, OKLAHOMA
    No luck at all. We had 4 rods out 3 had 3" bluegille and 1 had cut bluegille not a bite at all. We were fishing on lake hudson in Oklahoma where the river comes in and we were under an old bridge with some log jams and not even 1 bite. I have yet to catch 1 catfish on live bluegille this year. The only good one was a 23 pound blue on live shad and it was on juglines. I know sooner or later one will take the bait :big_smile:

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Just wait the water is warming up now and the flatheads should go on a ravenous feeding frenzy before they spawn. Patience young PRITCHETTK-san, as Mr. Miagi would say. You may also try cutting a bit off of their tails and maybe scaling one side, and put some small cuts into the meat so that they can "bleed out" get some good scent in the water.

Aaron

TA2D

3. suddawg

suddawg New Member

When TA2D and myself started scaling and cutting our bluegills, our amount of catfish went up.

SudDawg

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    It is probably more the location than the bait. I do have more luck on cut bream than on live though, but I fish mainly for channels and blues.

5. flat1

flat1 New Member

State:
    WV
    I have only hooked up twice on gills my best flat heads has been on large chubs,shad,and small suckers or carp i think the like the soft bodied bait fish because they are easier to swallow