tried actopus circle hooks today

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by brinley45cal, Oct 6, 2005.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ive been experimenting with different hooks to see which ones i like the best.Today i tried those gamatsu octopus circle hooks,and man they worked great! That was the first time i ever used any kind of circle hook,I normally use kahles but i missing them earlier in the day with them.So i put on the octopus circle hook and on the very first cast i saw the line go out and i remmembered what everyone here says about fishing circles so i waited for him to load up the reel and i picked it up and started reeling and it was on.It was a 22 inch channel.Then i throw back out and caught an 18 inch channel,i did miss a few times but i ended up with 4 nice channels,they really worked better then i expected.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Great job! I think I did try some Octopus circles, but I am using a different brand now. Nothing wrong with them, I just wanted to use a brand that I could buy 25-50 at a time.

I just found them online in 25 count packs for $8.99 in 5/0.

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Those are some great hooks it's what I use. I can buy them around here in 8/0 in packs of 25 for about 8$.

4. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Never used circle hooks at the lake. The crazy thing is I have three different sizes in the takle box. Has anyone used circle sea hooks 4/0? Are they the same as a regular circle hook?

Matt

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Yes Creteus, they are basically the same. Almost all circle hooks have some minor nuance that makes them a little different. Some have a wider gap between hook point and shank, and some have a slightly different curve. They all basically work the same.

6. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Guys, you can buy your circle hooks at the Catfish Connection in 25/pack. The cost varies by hook size.

Ray