trick or treat?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JERMSQUIRM, Oct 31, 2005.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    :mad: what a night here. been raining since 11am and still going. seems like every year. i always take the kid on the golf cart. guess were gonna have to use the rain suits tonight. it i guess im going as a 300# bananna. lmao. (the yellow rainsuit) or a catfishermen. heck ill take a pole and tackle box. might be able to snag something out of a puddle. i could hook up the 5.5 evinrude to the back of the cart. that would be something to see hugh??????

well its cold too. guess its gonna be a miserible night. he was going as a ghost but now how does a ghost look scary wearing a poncho??????? a ghost isn't supposed to worry about rain is he? :confused:

if we wern't in a drought we would prob be able to take the boat if we stayed in the ditches and ramped the culverts. lmao. we need the rain just not tonight. may cut down on the pumpkin smashing and lil pranks the kids do though.

halloween. i guess the night of gools and goblins ain't supposed to be nice?

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Never had a trick or treater knock on the door here. We're just too far out in no man's land.
    My daughter goes to the church for a carnival on Halloween.

3. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    When I was growing up, it was normal for us to go trick-or-treating whenever we wanted on Halloween, generally somewhere between 4:00 and 10:00 pm. When I came out to central PA a few years ago, I learned that they schedule a 2 or 3 hour block for trick-or-treating and it's usually not even on Halloween, but a few days before.

I thought they were joking at first. This still makes very little sense to me. I'm not sure if it's just a Pennsylvania thing or what, but towns and communities state-wide schedule their trick-or-treating. I know this year it took place last Saturday in the Pittsburgh area. In my town this year, they actually decided to let them go on Halloween from 6-8.

I can't believe that we've gotten to the point of rescheduling Halloween activities to another night. What's next? Easter on a Tuesday?

4. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    ive sat here for over an hour and had 1 little neighbor kid
    is raining like all getout and my kids just came back
    they said that there aint many trick or treaters out
    now i feel bad i should of poured half the bowl in travis's bag!
    seems like in the past few years we always get rainy weather on halloween.
    hope everyones kids have a safe and happy halloween!!!!!!

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Eithne, kids of today are meaner in general. I can see why places schedule Halloween.

6. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    eithne i seen some kids friday trick or treating around some of the stores here in town and going to and out of a school dressed in their costumes.
    i guess like everything else things change.
    its weird to me too. i do recall going out for a second trip when i was 9-10
    yrs old and it was pushing 10 oclock and an older man commented on the time so i guess some people would rather have it from ___till___ and not be bothered later than that is the only thing i can think of.
    in a way i cant blame them not wanting late callers but turning off your outside lights is pretty much anyone with common sense needs to do.
    thats the only houses our kids go to is the ones that are well lit at the door way
    its kind of like a sign saying we welcome trick or treaters!

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Just got back in and have a big bowl full of candy to show for about a hour between the 2 kids. Rained all day here but did quit before dark, last year it rained all nite. Now if I can keep out of it LOL. I mite have to raid a few of the choice items though. ;)

8. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    actually the items i like are the ones the kids are glad to give away hahaha
    i like the orange and black wrapped beanut butter chews and candy corn

candy corn makes great fangs when inserted under upper lip correctly LOL
    and jelly beans espesially the black licorice ones am i sick or what??

i will be tommorow if they dont hide it LOL

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well we did it. the wife had a $1 emergency poncho. (guess if she went fishing with me more she would have a nanner suit) lmao. i had on the bananna suit full body the kid wore the gost suit with a clear poncho. went on the golf cart. he filled 3/4 a bag full within a 1/2 hr. i managed to get a popcorn ball and a budlight from a buddie. :D ya they do 5-8 here.

man i can remember decorating mainstreet. trash cans and all sorts of stuff. as i got older my grandpa was and is the only maintance man here in town. i used to gat paid to clean up stuff i helped drag up there the night before. lol. now thats wrong. :eek: :D

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    shoot ive already snuck off with a pack of peanut m&m's. :wub:

11. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Same way here, we havent had a trick or treater in 7 years, so we just dont buy the candy. I do miss my kids trick or treat days, always had to confiscate something that looked good. :p

12. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Just because no trick or treaters come by is no reason not to buy the candy :D

13. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah we bought some candy but only got about 6 or 7 kids.

14. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    We did not have any little ones to come to my home. The rain kept them in the house, I guess? :confused:

15. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    Ok, who took my outhouse?

16. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I alsways take my kids to the "richer" neighborhoods to let them trick or treat.
    Heck, we have one neighbor hood where a few of the houses pass out the King sized candy bars.
    Last night, we got through without a single sucker in the bag. WOO HOO.

Of course, I always have to "confiscate" things that look "suspicious" and dang if that king sized 3 musketeers didn't seem to have something wrong with the wrapper.

17. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I grew up in Montana, I remember having to whip out the snow shoes on Halloween to go trick-r-treatin'. My little girl is only 2 so we stayed inside tonight because mom had to work and the rain! We don't ever get any kids at our house either cause we live out in the middle of nowhere.

I still bought plenty of those miny snicker bars though :wub:

MY KRYPTONITE!!! :eek:

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya. who the he double l decided that a 2" candy bar is FUN SIZE!!!!!!! a 8" one is fun. a 2" is just a waste of time. :p

19. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    We haven't seen a trick-or-treater at our place in 15years so we just sit at the house and watch the world go by,LOL!!!

20. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dang , the biggest kids are over 21.
    Jackie, maybe it spilled in the back of their truck.

Wife and I ended up at the show last night cause it was raining and no one T r T in our neighborhood. Saw the "Fog". I was so bored in that movie. Ate a bucket of popcorn, found some year old peanut butter crackers in my jacket that was still good, then got up went to rest room, played the stand up motorcycle game, tried the claw game out, got a pickle LOL, and the
    dang movie was only about half way through. I suffered through the rest of it then home for candy. :D

Good thing, I got 2 bags of good candy to eat. :D