TRIBUTE

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by richard dunbar, Jul 27, 2008.

1. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    I lost my close friend Mason Lewis while in Iraq this year. I was not able to attend his memorial service do to mission and was very upset about it. I started talking to his mother online alot and was starting to feel a little better but somthing was missing. Masons mom had hinted around a couple times that she wanted to meet the members of the Platoon (Plt) so I suggested a cookout back at Ft stewart and she agreed. We arrived back home from Iraq on Jul 12 and I was real nervous about the cookout and wondered if the decision to do it was a bad one. On the 26th we had Masons' mom, dad, and sister down from VA for what we chose to call a celabration of Sgt Mason Lee Lewis. When this woman saw how many people showed up to meet her and spend time with her and to swap funny stories about her baby you could see the great joy in her face and at that moment I knew I had done the right thing. We watched videos of my brother for a few hours. We ate and swapped stories about one of the finest and brightest young men I have ever known. And then it was time to go.

2. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Rich, that was great in you to do that. Made it even better by all the folks coming. I'm sure it helped Masons' mom deal with her loss. You're a good man.

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Sounds like it was good for everyone.

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    That shows what a big heart you have way to go

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    You did right. She would not of been there if she didn't want to be.