Tri State Kats tournament

Discussion in 'SOUTH DAKOTA RIVERS TALK' started by VanKley, Apr 22, 2019.

1. VanKley

VanKley Well-Known Member

State:
    SE South Dakota
    Name:
    Tom Van Kley
    1st tournament of 2019 comes on Saturday. We will be down there defending our 2-0 TriState record. If anyone is planning on fishing it, swing over and holler at us, we be in the White on White Legend SS. received_10204396788555360.jpeg

prlwng likes this.
  2. VanKley

State:
    SE South Dakota
    Name:
    Tom Van Kley
    Only missing the bait! Saturday cant come soon enough! 20190423_124638.jpg

prlwng likes this.

3. prlwng

prlwng Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    south dakota. sioux falls area
    Name:
    bill
    Went past SC this afternoon. Docks not in yet. Big Sioux and Missouri high. Will not put my boat onto concreate unless an emergency.

Was that you I saw heading north on I29 this morn? Saw a nice white pu pulling shinney flat bottom.

Gonna try to go to Ft Randall for Thursday Friday. Let me know if there is another way to launch retrive at SC. Gkid has weekend off and said he would go.

Bill

4. VanKley

State:
    SE South Dakota
    Name:
    Tom Van Kley
    No sir, I was at work all day. Easy launch at Hamilton. Just pull boat up to the bank. Prolly 1 foot of silt tho. They are terrible at maintaining that access thus far. Should be easy winnings this weekend. Everyone will fish the trashed Sewer. We will smack em on the Mo..... FB_IMG_1506687244328.jpg

prlwng likes this.
  5. prlwng

State:
    Name:
    bill
    Was thinking I would have pu. Ma is taking it to Omaha this week. I will have her Jimmy, that is 4wd. Might catch some bait at Ft Randall.

Yes, I was thinking up not quite to ponca or so. Got new river kat anchor to try and drift sock, and brush grippers.

Saw water temp at SC getting to 50. Big Sioux here by house still very high. Up south of Brookings it was very high under I29 also.

Still planning on going to Grand Forks yet this year when conditions permit. Wanted to hit James again in ND bank fishing. But they got the load limits on so no go with semi.

6. VanKley

State:
    SE South Dakota
    Name:
    Tom Van Kley
    The big sioux around Sioux City Is well inside the banks but the further North you go the worse the river gets....

You could easily launch from Rosenbaum by Jefferson. The ramp is actually off the river in an inlet.

7. jeffm351

jeffm351 Active Member

State:
    SxCty_Iowa
    Name:
    Jeff
    I talked to a city work crew at the Hamilton ramp today, they said the river needs to drop 2 feet before the docks go in, they're hoping by the weekend.

VanKley likes this.
  8. VanKley

State:
    SE South Dakota
    Name:
    Tom Van Kley
    If the river drops 2', theyll have to scoop out all the silt they pushed in....

jeffm351 likes this.
  9. prlwng

State:
    Name:
    bill
    Will not be competing. Like I would be competitive. Hardley a nibble at Ft Randall. On way home dropped boat off for warranty work. Then, it gonna be real cold. May run down to see what's up tho.

VanKley likes this.
  10. VanKley

State:
    SE South Dakota
    Name:
    Tom Van Kley
    Yea, itll b damn cold! 55° river will feel like bath water! Swing over n chat if you stop down.

11. prlwng

State:
    Name:
    bill
    Was gonna come down see ya all off. Got pjone call bout 12 30 that boat was dond already. They fixed it under warrenty. Got back home bout 430. Oh well.

Hope you have trouble getting that 90lb blue in your boat. Just kidding. Do good.

12. VanKley

State:
    SE South Dakota
    Name:
    Tom Van Kley
    Tough fishing tonight. We had to take that lonely walk of shame. Big fish was only 5 lbs and heavy stringer was just under 8.....

Good talking Jeff. See yall nxt time. 20190427_214418.jpg

prlwng and jeffm351 like this.
  13. jeffm351

jeffm351 Active Member

State:
    SxCty_Iowa
    Name:
    Jeff
    And COLD! About 37 degrees at weigh ins... It can only get better.

VanKley and prlwng like this.