tri city lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by jimmykemper, Jul 3, 2009.

1. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    has anyone ever caught anything in tri city lake? i fished there for 3 years and only caught blue gill and some bass , but on catfish

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Jimmy...Yeah, Tri-City can be a tough lake to fish mainly because of constant pressure. There are fish in there. Has a good population of bass in the 14-17" range, and I'm sure there are 10# bass in there...but I don't usually fish for them. There are channelcats . Most of them are between 3 and 5#, but some are bigger. Either get there real early in the morning, or late in the evening, walk across the dam, around the back of the first cove, and set up on the first point, and face the second point. Cast towards the second point with a big juicy night crawler. You will catch a couple more than likely.

Also...there are big red ear sunfish, and some crappie. The crappie are too small. I've caught a few keepers, but not many.

Mostly, that's where I go to catch bait from the overflow pool below the dam. TONS of green sunfish and bluegills in there just the right size for bait. :cool2:

3. trainwreck1958

trainwreck1958 New Member

State:
    missouri
    WOW its been 20 years since I fished there. The catfish were the same back then. They would never bite in the day time. But at 9pm they would start bitting. Back then I always fished right off the boat ramp. I always used BJ back then it could work now. Good luck.

4. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    im gona try again. and thanks for the tip on bait.