trent river

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by carelessthunder, Aug 23, 2008.

1. carelessthunder

carelessthunder New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Just wondering if anyone fishes the trent near Pollocksville? Just started bass fishing there, so wondering if there are any big fish in there

2. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I've never fished the trent for catfish, but since its connected to the neuse in new bern I would imagine that there would be some cats in there.

3. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    trent is one of the few rivers i havent fished in nc.......but, i have duck hunted it seevral times.....some nice holes in there, and bends.....looks like really good cat water from pollocksville on up 15 -20 miles.....should be flats and blues in there.....mack

4. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    i fished there right much last year. caught a few flats but nothing to talk about. and 1 35 lb blue. i fished from new bern to way past pollockville. this was over like a 2 mth. span. havent been back since. just my 2 on it.

5. carelessthunder

carelessthunder New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well i have been talking to the people that fish the trent over the past couple of days. Today I found out that there are a lot of channels in there. Went for a ride upstream probably about 7 miles or so. Hit a lot of duck weed in places. Close to the bridge there is a line hanging from almost every limb. Seen a channel caught on one. No one was on the water today besides one brim fisher and you could tell hes been there for a while. Set him free, he wieghed 4 lbs 9 oz.