Trent River

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by scott1, May 2, 2007.

1. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Has anyone ever fished the trent, I know there is a launch in Pollocksville. How is the trent, I know there are cats there just wondering if anyone has any recent catches. I was thinking about checking it out for the first time and I could use some info. Thanks.

2. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Never fished there, just because I know the neuse has huge cats. I'm sure there are catfish in there I just never tried it.

3. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I had just passed by the landing one day and thought about checking it out, I agree with you though, the nuese is closer to the house and we know there are big ones there so why venture out any where else. Thanks for the reply.

4. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    There are big ones in the trent but its just harder to fish from the bank(private land) and not as many boat landings as the neuse.

5. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    never fished the trent but i have floated it for ducks and squirrels.....usually put in at the next road up from the ramp you are talking about (bridge at old oak grove military base) and float down......oak grove has 2 ramps on the trent but you have to be active marine to use their ramps........there are several good bends with deep water which should hold some big cats.....i have heard that there are blues and flatties in there but never fished it.. nice looking water........mack