trent river

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by carelessthunder, Jun 29, 2009.

1. carelessthunder

carelessthunder New Member

State:
    north carolina
    anyone ever catfish in the trent river? I bass fish there with 1-2 lbs is the average size. Just wondering if anyone uses it to catfish?

2. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I'm sure there are some in there but I have never targeted them in there, always the neuse.

3. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

State:
    Hubert, NC
    I know a couple of guys limb line out there and don't do half bad.

4. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    I mostly bass fish the trent but catfish there some... There are catfish in there and a few purdy big ones.... Fish Island Creek and down past pollocksville... There are some really nice bends with a deep water channel.. See alot of limb lines through all the area there... A few really good spots that are hard to locate...

5. carelessthunder

State:
    north carolina
    yeah i have seen the lines just havent tried fishing it myself.

6. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

State:
    Hubert, NC
    Well Careless and I are gonna give it a go on Fri morning. Should have all the kinks worked out from last night! :0a22::0a23::0a20:

7. carelessthunder

State:
    north carolina
    lets just say skunked. Not even a gar bite. Will try again at another date I know they are in there just have to pay my dues first

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    It certainly happens to all of us. It'll happen, like you said they're in there...just gotta figure out what they want.

9. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

State:
    Hubert, NC
    It's official: There are no catfish in the Trent!! Steve is convinced they are in there, but I'm a realist! It appeared that someone tried to stock some blue's at the ramp in pollocksville but they missed and they are rotting in the parking area. Some other fool attempted to catch some on limb lines but they must have realized that the Trent lacks cats and cut them off. I really think some one should contact DNR about a stocking program. If 2 exceptional fishermen like Careless and myself can fish all morning and not get a bite there are obviously no catfish in there.

On a positive note it was hilarious watching my boy drop a deuce off the side of the boat!!:happy:

10. carelessthunder

State:
    north carolina
    hey when you gotta go you gotta go. Just glad he didnt smear it on the registration sticker.

11. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

State:
    Hubert, NC
    Well Careless and I have decided to give the Trent a second attempt. We will be joined by Krazy Karl and some guy Steve met at the Blue Oyster. We'll blame last weeks K on the spawn and the strength of the Yen.If anyone else would care to join we will be launching from Pollocksville @ 0400ish. I will be bringing the boy along and have already stocked the tackle box with TP.

12. carelessthunder

State:
    north carolina
    I think I am going to go gar fishing instead then maybe by the power of the cat god I will catch catfish instead of gar :confused2:

13. carelessthunder

State:
    north carolina
    Strike two on the cats. Did get my gar though of course. Thanks Fitz for showing up LATE do to the fact of drinking and hanging out with your "buddy" last night.

14. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

State:
    Hubert, NC
    I believe if you read my post carefully you will see that I said 0400ish. 0400, 0600 who's counting. No fish for us. However some other tool bag fished that night. They obviously caght some nice blues because they cut the filets off and threw em in right there at the ramp. I'm talking filets and all right there on the ramp!:angry: Easy 20 pounders!

15. carelessthunder

State:
    north carolina
    Just rember our Deep Sea charter tomorrow goes at 0445. I bet the boat will not come back ang get you when you oversleep.

16. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

State:
    Hubert, NC
  17. carelessthunder

State:
    north carolina
    well this isn't a trent river report, but I am reporting a trip here anyway. Me Fitz and some others took a charter since we cant catch cats. Caught 16 all together. We all had a blast with the rough seas and the rain along with the long wait for fish to bite. That trip was right up are alley. 2 tuna 2 barracuda 3 mahia mahia, 1 grouper the rest mackerals. I have some photos in my album feel free to look.

18. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

State:
    Hubert, NC
    The King of the Gar not only rules over freshwater but saltwater as well!! What Steve fails to mention is that he was the only one to catch any barracuda! He was suppose to email me the pics of him with the saltwater gar but I think he is forgeting on purpose!