Trent and Neuse Rivers in New Bern

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by CATCPA, Mar 9, 2006.

1. CATCPA

CATCPA New Member

State:
    NC
    I am from New Bern originally and still fish on the Trent and Neuse. I was wondering are there any blues and flats in the Trent. I know they are in the Neuse up around Turkey Quarter Weyerhauser and such.

Also, I would like to fish up that way(Neuse) but have not been in that area for a while. I do not want to get lost wrecked etc. Also need to know where a boat ramp is in that area.

It would be great if someone from this area would "guide" me in this part of the river(ie follow them in my boat a map etc)

Also, what baits are you guys using.

Thanks

2. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Since the neuse and the trent are connected there in new bern I would have to saay that there are flats and blues in the trent. I have never fished the trent but I am sure if you find the holes and the structure yu will find the fish. As for ramps upriver, there is one past weyerhauser on the left side of the river by the middle school. There are more ramps up past there at turkey quarter creek road and there is one in ft barwell. Since the river is down right now you should probably follow someone that knows where they are going or you will hit something. As for how to navigate the river, you can download google earth to get a better idea of how to get upriver. I am normally on the river on the weekends but I seldom go all the way from new bern to ft barnwell area. I can put in , in new bern if you want so I can show you how to get upriver maybe this weekend, depends if I have to work or not. Also, what kind of boat do you have, hopefully something flat bottom or semi-v. I dont thing a deep v can go much further up than the middle school ramp right now since the river is low. As for bait, right now the shad are running upriver so that would probably be the best bait. I also use eels, cut for blues and channels and live for flats. Since the flats arent really active right now I just use cut bait. Good luck, any more questions PM me

3. CATCPA

CATCPA New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for the info. I have a Key West 17 ft. I can not PM you since I have not made 10 posts. LOL. I will do the google earth. I always thought that part of the river was a little dangerous.

I have thought that since the Neuse and Trent connect it would hold Blues and Flats. Nobody ever talked about them though.

Will you PM me so I can reply. I will be in Nb this weekend.

4. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.