Trees are falling here from ice storm!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by spoonfish, Dec 9, 2007.

1. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Just heard a big crash outside the house. This oak tree luckly feel away from the back of the house. Not good, the trees are loaded down with ice and we have a few days before its going to get better.

Attached Files:

2. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Thats not good in a ice storm when trees start falling or breaking thats when it gets really dangerous.

3. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Wow, Spoonfish, hope that stuff dont come down here to Harrison. Been through that before, dont want anymore of it.:embarassed:

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I hope that is the extent of the damage that you guys are going to get there. Stay safe brother!

5. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hope everything come out ok for ya. gotta be bad to take a big tree like that down. Stay safe out there bro.

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    We got hit pretty hard up here too, Just saw a new ice storm warning for tonight from 6pm to noon tomorrow. a quarter inch of ice is expected. Already got at least that. and it aint supposed to end till wednesday. Ameren UE says 15,000 customers out of electric at this hour. I aint lookin good

7. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Man....looks like it broke down at the roots. I usually just see big limbs break, not at the base of the tree. We are getting a good dose of ice here also but not that bad yet. Stay safe and warm.....might need to cut that bad boy up if the power goes out.

8. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Ddnt fall on kirks boat did it

9. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Stay safe Bob.. I guess I have to get up earlier and take the wife to work tommorrow.. No rest for the weary..
    Are you going to be back on the salt truck tonite..

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    He wanted one of those new Sea-Ark boats Steves designing any way didnt he Robert???:sad2:

11. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    troy i heard that we are going to get up too 1 inch of ice monday night into tuesday

12. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    troy,
    We have been luckey sofar it has been about 33dreg. here today. The white pines are touching the groung but no majour damage yet.It looks like a repeat of last year , same conditions no frost in the ground if the ground is not frozen deep enough the roots will not hold the load of the ice. Usuall the trees with more limbs on one side are the first ones to go over. Besides that the boat ramps are getting to much ice. Stay warm inside for awhile. Do like me fish in your in your dreams ( write your own fishing regs.) Wake up with a stringer full. I GOTA THROW ANOTHER LOG ON THE FIRE. Keep your hooks sharp. Later Paul

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Boy, you're lucky that thing went west instead of east! Hope it doesn't get too bad - you all had a bad winter last year, don't need another one...

14. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    yea its pretty bad here, we have currently got a tree limb touching a powerline which is sparking a pretty good spark, we have been on the phone with COMO electric all afternoon trying to get this fixed but its not lookin good, A friend of mine had a transformer blow right by there house about ten minutes ago. this just keeps getting worse and worse.

15. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    where you been ethan havnt seen you on here latley

16. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    well 1 thing about it if warsaw loses power we can play cards in steves boat and crank his heater on ill bring some propane u guys bring the chips and dip. pssst i got a full house aces over jacks.:smile2:

17. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Looks like the ice storm is going to miss most of Arkansas, thank goodness. I'm definitely not ready for something like that. Oops, I just heard it thunder. Hope it's nothing serious.

18. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    i have been workin a lot lately Robert and i havent been able to get on much and when i did it wasnt for very long, but now i got all the time in the world. Just wish this ice would get outta here

19. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    They havent called yet Harold. I hope they do. But Let me assure you I will not make enough in 1 week spreading salt to get a new Sea Ark. Not even at 24 hrs a day.

20. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ok, so you'll have to get a package of 20 dollar bills out of your freezer and put with it..hehehe